• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 139
  • Total: 139
  • Google
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

IOTW Year End

Started by skellum, December 19, 2011, 07:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Well its my turn to pick IOTW for next week and as its the last week of the year I have had an idea  :idea: On the lines of Greypoints idea 'Best of 2010' .Submit one of your favorites here with a brief discription and I will set up a poll on Friday to end on Christmas Day ( Sunday ). The winner will then take IOTW into the new year.

Hope everyone likes the idea and I hope Greypoint will excuse me for hijacking her idea. If anyone is not happy with this let me know.   :legit:

skellum

Idea update........  Why not nominate another members picture if you do not wish to enter yourself. Just let me know which one and I will enter it.

Oldboy

Either sounds a good idea but will wait to get a consensus from others.  :tup:

Beaux Reflets

How about putting in 1 personal favorite plus 1 nominated favorite from another's album  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

greypoint

Well...it really should be this one... ;)

Mick

Dave, I think it's a great idea.  Lets hope we get a few nominations.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Mick

Quote from: beauxreflets on December 19, 2011, 09:42:30 PM
How about putting in 1 personal favorite plus 1 nominated favorite from another's album  :tup:

Quite like this idea too.  What about adding a bit of incentive?  I still have a copy of PhotoPlus X4 to give away, and it would save me having to set up a separate comp.  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Beaux Reflets

skellum

Ok  So a few of you think its a good idea including Mick importantly so I think I should get on setting it up with its own entry thread in the Competitions. I will keep this one as the chat tread.  So it will be open to nominated and personal entries.  Please have them submitted by Friday when I will set up the poll. Winner to receive the Serif editing program from Mick.

Reinardina

I know there is a place somewhere on the site with previous images of the week, but I cannot find it immediately. I have a vague recollection that my submission may already have graced the top spot. If so, let me know and I'll find another picture. (Probably of the same person.)

I must admit, I haven't seen every picture in every gallery, but my all time favourite is Andy's little girl, so I'd like to nominate her.

As far as one of my own pictures is concerned ... where to start? I always think the last one is the best one, and only after some time has elapsed, do I realise how wrong I was.
So I'll have a think and a rummage through old(er) stuff.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on December 20, 2011, 10:22:07 AM

I know there is a place somewhere on the site with previous images of the week, but I cannot find it immediately.

You mean this album, http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=290  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

skellum

It does not necessarily have to be a previous IOTW

Reinardina

Mick!

Probaly not the right place, but several times I have had the following error message when changing pages, or when I wanted to use the spell checker.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cameracraniums.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache mod_qos/9.69 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at cameracraniums.com Port 80

Going to the previous poage proved no problem, so in the end I could do what I wanted to do, but it is annoying.

And yes Mick, that was the link I needed! Thanks. At first glance 'little girl' wasn't there, so I should be all right.

Dave, I realised that, and actually thought it should not be a previous IOTW, that's why I wanted to make sure!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

While it may be seen as repaying the complement I would like to nominate this one from Reinardina.

I particularly like the composition using the trees to frame the shot, while the camera perspective, misty avenue in the penetrating light carry the eye into the depth of the shot, with the choice in mono tone adding an edgy feel to a sense of mystery in the image.

Beaux Reflets

Can I suggest the Poll is set so the result is only revealed at the close of voting  :beer:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.