• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 85
  • Total: 85
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

in the dark. Toronto hit with freezing rain, mass power outages

Started by donoreo, December 23, 2013, 04:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Toronto and much of Ontario has been hit with a rather large freezing rain storm.  Our power went off Sunday at 3:30 am and is still off.  At last check there were 227,000 homes and businesses without power.  Just outside the city there is much the same.  They were estimating Christmas day for most power but some places may not be until the weekend. 

My mom was without power until last night around 8pm. We are staying with m wife's parents.  A little crowded since they moved in the summer from their large house to a small condo. 

Yesterday one of the girls was sick all day as well. She just stayed in the bathroom and I found her at one point asleep and snoring on the tile floor.

hssutton

Wow! sorry to hear of your problems, we thought things where pretty bad in the UK with the gales and rain. It would appear we are rather lucky in comparison. Hope your daughter? is soon well again.

Harry

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

We're all hoping that everything is all right for you and yours on the big day.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Sorry to hear about that. I have family in Acton and hope they are all OK as are you and yours. It seems you are having a repeat of the ice storm you had a few years ago. Stay safe.  :(

donoreo

The biggest pain is not knowing when the electricity will be on.   I have to drive home to see.  I left the water running a trickle to keep the pipes from freezing.

donoreo

Still no power at home.  Power at work is on today so I am here.  My wife took the girls to work with her.  It will be interesting to see how Santa uses Christmas magic to deliver with two little girls asleep in the same room as the tree. 

spikeyjen

we are getting lots of reports about storms and floods in England and France, but nothing about Canada.
Hoping you are all safe and warm and able to enjoy that big day. (and I'm sure that Santa knows how to tiptoe past a couple of sleeping children).

spinner

sorry to hear about the power situation Don. My daughter tells me our neighbourhood kept power while surrounding areas went dark. How are the trees? My daughter and several friends have sent me photos of old trees all over the neighbourhood have snapped in half or lost large branches, including a Maple in my back yard. Sounds like I'll be coming home to a very different neighbourhood from the one I left.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Reinardina

Hope Santa will manage to bring the presents without disturbing the girls. Must be a tight fit, hope you all get along together!

Merry Christmas to you all.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

Our power came on around 4:30 PM on Christmas Eve.  The house was too cold to stay over night (6.5C).  So we stayed one more night with my wife's parents.  Santa found the little girls but it was a hard delivery with them sleeping about 2 metres from the Christmas Tree!  We went to my family yesterday (they were supposed to come here) and last night got to sleep in our own beds.  It was nice. 

Right now my wife is going through the fridge throwing out food that went bad.  Lots from freezer too. 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on December 26, 2013, 03:49:16 PM
Right now my wife is going through the fridge throwing out food that went bad.  Lots from freezer too.

Perhaps you should have put all the food outside before you left, as it would have been frozen in the rain!  :P :legit:

Glad you got the power back.  :tup:

donoreo

There are still 32,000 customers without power.  That is electric accounts which they say equal 2.5 people so still a lot of people without power.  Some have had power go off as branches drop from trees. 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.