• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Ichester Country Park, Northants

Started by greypoint, August 05, 2009, 09:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

On B570, off A509, 2 miles south of Wellingborough

Directions

By car - Follow brown and white signs. Main entrance is on Gypsy lane (B570) off the A509 south-east of Wellingborough.

By bus - A regular bus service stops opposite the park's main entrance on B570.

By cycle - Designated cycle route from Wellingborough

My nearest country park - within walking distance so visited quite often. It's based around an old ironstone quarry with a combination of hard tracks and woodland walks. A few cyclists use it but it's mainly walkers. One of the best dog walking areas around. There's a newly updated childrens play area with loads of new equipment and a newly opened Jungle Parc activity area - lots of activity high up in the trees! This has the dual effect of keeping the youngsters happy and the rest of the park reasonably tranquil even on a summers day. There are also large picnic meadows including one that's dog free for those strange people that visit without a dog ;D
The toilet facilities are clean and there's a regular snack bar on site. There's also a railway museum and a variety of nature trails and organised events throughout the year.
For a one off visit there are plenty of photo opportunities if you look for them but can seem a bit uninspiring at times. Autumn is probably the best time for a bit of colour. Not the best place for bird photographers as there are no hides or handy feeding stations and the tangle of trees can make small birds hard to see. Wonderful for bird song though! Unlike most of our country parks which are built around reservoirs or old gravel pits, there's only one fairly small area of water with very little in the way of bird life. If you're lucky you might spot the odd rabbit or Muntjac -  afew years ago I had the biggest dog fox I've ever seen pass a few feet from me but I've never seen another there.

a link to a set of photos taken there

http://www.flickr.com/photos/greypoint/sets/72157608822604619/

bones615

That looks very nice & some great pics on Flickr.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.