• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 31
  • Total: 31
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

QUIZ

Started by Simple, June 11, 2011, 08:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple

The local photography club was meeting and I did not have a particular topic to do or talk about, so I thought we could do a quiz. I searched the internet and came quickly up with some questions/answers. Answers in my case are more important, because I still have loads of questions! I thought it might be nice to share these q/a's with all of you. I will post the questions and a week later I will post the answers with the next set of questions. Let me know what you think about this.

First set of 10 questions (1)

1. Dr Edwin Land invented the instant camera in which decade?
2. Which photographic process was first demonstrated in 1962?
3. Who photographed the playboy centrefolds?
4. The first successful photograph required how long an exposure time?
5. In photography, what does the term SLR mean?
6. Whose photograph has appeared most often on page 3 of the sun?
7. Who was the world's most photographed woman?
8. What did the Lumiere brothers invent in 1895?
9. Which super hero worked as a photographer for the Daily Bugle?
10. In which year was the first successful photograph taken? 1807, 1827, 1882? 

anglefire

Well, I know one answer  :-[
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Graham

Quote from: anglefire on June 11, 2011, 01:27:58 PM
Well, I know one answer  :-[

Number 9. by any chance?.....yeah, me too!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

no 6  - that is the one chosen by the editor  :tup:

Cathus

I only knew 1 too.

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

6 - photographer or model?

IIRC the main photographer used to be a bloke with a girl's name.  Beverley somebody?

Model - probs Samantha Fox or somebody like that.  She had a relatively long "career".
It's Guest's round

Graham

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on June 12, 2011, 03:35:50 AM
6 - photographer or model?

IIRC the main photographer used to be a bloke with a girl's name.  Beverley somebody?

Model - probs Samantha Fox or somebody like that.  She had a relatively long "career".
I wonderd that! :-\
                                            BTW    Beverley Goodway.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Well I think I know 3, can guess at a couplemore  but being the pedant I am in quizzes I`d have to ask in no 10  in whose eyes was it judged "successful". Not all might judge any shot of mine "successful" but I might. Then again  ;)

Beaux Reflets

No 7 is possibly HRH Princess Diana ?
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Jonathan

Quote from: beauxreflets on June 12, 2011, 03:15:32 PM
No 7 is possibly HRH Princess Diana ?

That's always what's quoted - but I wonder about Indian stars.  1.1 billion people taking pictures of politicians and movie stars.  If she'd lived 10 years later (when everybody at her rallies would have had digital cameras) then my money would be on Indira Gandhi.  Aishwarya Rai has to be a contender.
It's Guest's round

greypoint

Surely the Queen would be somewhere up there. Being 85 and photographed from being a baby and now with the advent of digital having thousands of pictures taken when she does her official functions through the year here and abroad.

ABERS

The operative word is "WAS" the most photographed woman. Marilyn perhaps?

Hinfrance

Jinky, I'll see your pedantic and raise you a didactic.

If the operative word is 'was' then that would be the first woman ever photographed - hers would be the only one in existence (so arguably Dorothy Draper, 1839), and so she would be the one . . .

The question can't really say 'was' without clarifying 'when'; ie the start and finish dates.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.