• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 171
  • Total: 171
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL for weekly comp: TRAVEL 19-25 Sept 2016

Started by Reinardina, September 27, 2016, 07:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for the image that says it all, within the brief of course.

Flying High - Nearly There

1 (9.1%)
By Taxi in Havana

5 (45.5%)
Metro

5 (45.5%)
Travelling...to the rescue.

0 (0%)
travel in time

0 (0%)
Travelling By Bike

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: October 01, 2016, 07:52:33 AM

Reinardina

Go ahead folks, choose the next winner.
Happy travelling.

(As David is in hospital, I have set up the poll.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

David Blandford

Many Thanks Reinardina for setting the poll up for me. I just got home from hospital today and am feeling a lot better. Just got to catch up on everything. once again many thanks.     
still trying to paint with light!!

jinky

Quote from: David Blandford on September 27, 2016, 02:07:29 PM
Many Thanks Reinardina for setting the poll up for me. I just got home from hospital today and am feeling a lot better. Just got to catch up on everything. once again many thanks.     
Take care David and get well soon  ;)

Reinardina

David Blandford

Well done to everybody who entered the competition. We have a tie with both Jinky and Hinfrance getting 5 votes each. So I declare Jinky the winner with the first  shot posted, well done.    :)

Thank you Reinardina for setting the poll up for me when I was in hospital.    ;)
still trying to paint with light!!

jinky

Thanks for the votes everyone and well done H too. H got my vote - nice movement there. I`ll get my thinking cap on and post something asap

Hinfrance

Mutual admiration society - I voted for yours Paul. Well done. I've never been to Cuba, although Mrs H has - it's easier and quicker to list the places she hasn't been to rather than the ones she has.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 01, 2016, 02:00:40 PM
Mutual admiration society - I voted for yours Paul. Well done. I've never been to Cuba, although Mrs H has - it's easier and quicker to list the places she hasn't been to rather than the ones she has.
Along wit India still my favourite holiday destination and  2 of ther only places I`d say "I`ll go back there" as I rarely repeat trips. You`d love Havana H for the cars and the music. All changing now trhough as the Americans get involved!

Reinardina

It was the Americans, who brought those great cars in the first place, but yes, it will soon be unrecognisable.
I wonder if the old cars, will now be snapped up by (unscrupulous?) collectors.

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on October 02, 2016, 03:02:01 PM
It was the Americans, who brought those great cars in the first place, but yes, it will soon be unrecognisable.
I wonder if the old cars, will now be snapped up by (unscrupulous?) collectors.
And it`s been the American trade embargo that means that those cars have been virtually stripped back with engines totally alien to the originals, all  cobbled together to make them still go. Castro has said he wants to get them off he streets to reduce pollution but many Cubans say there`ll be another revolution if this happened!

DigiDiva

Two well deserved winners.Well done to you both.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.