• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 89
  • Total: 89
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Are tattoed people stereotyped?

Started by Matthew, August 11, 2013, 10:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Quote from: ABERS on August 14, 2013, 12:27:24 PM
Out of interest , how much does a tattoo cost?

Agree with the above, depends on design/size/amount of ink that it will take/artist etc. It's also to be noted that having a tattoo done by a really good artist/parlour has the same effect as a good hair cut, eg, you'll always go back to the same Barber if you like the cut. I have always returned to the same Parlour as they done such a good job of my first. My first cost me £80 (quite large, but simple design), second cost me £70 (medium with colour and fancy writing), third cost me £40 (very simple design and quite small), fourth cost me £170 as it is a very detailed dragon and my latest cost £70.....
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jediboy

I paid £70 an hour for mine. With a reputable artist. Not cheap, especially when they took 6 hours each, but worth it for me.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

ABERS

Quote from: Matthew on August 14, 2013, 07:07:44 PM
Quote from: ABERS on August 14, 2013, 12:27:24 PM
Out of interest , how much does a tattoo cost?

Agree with the above, depends on design/size/amount of ink that it will take/artist etc. It's also to be noted that having a tattoo done by a really good artist/parlour has the same effect as a good hair cut, eg, you'll always go back to the same Barber if you like the cut. I have always returned to the same Parlour as they done such a good job of my first. My first cost me £80 (quite large, but simple design), second cost me £70 (medium with colour and fancy writing), third cost me £40 (very simple design and quite small), fourth cost me £170 as it is a very detailed dragon and my latest cost £70.....

Mmmm.   ??? I'll stick to hair cuts. That's while I've still got some and then it's just ear and nose trims. :doh:

ABERS

Was reminded of this thread when I read this. May be of interest to all you 'inky' people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24296713

Matthew

An interesting article indeed, also the part where it says most folks who get their first typically wait 4+ years for their second. I must confess, I waited a year after my first, less after my second. Was a year before I got my 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively after that. For me, when I got my first, it gave me this ego boost, a confidence I never felt before.....It's hard to put into words, but I was always quiet and shy as a lad and afraid/avoided any situations where attention may be on me. It was like this well into my 20's. I still am shy to a degree, but no way near as bad as I once was and social situations no longer bother me. But every time I get a new "ink", I get this boost with it. Rightly or wrongly, but it makes me feel like a new person each time. It's also made me realise that since my first which is easily hidden by a t-shirt sleeve, all my subsequent ones are far from discreet a trend which I have an urge to continue. Thank for posting this article.
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.