• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 123
  • Total: 123
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Poll - Weekly Competition 6th July - 12th July subject - holidays

Started by Oldboy, July 14, 2015, 12:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please vote for your favorite photo

Kerbside - Scouring the Market

2 (20%)
Reinardina - Holiday fun

8 (80%)
Oldboy - Sunny Sandwell Valley

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 18, 2015, 12:17:13 AM

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

David Blandford

personally I was stuck at work all week, no holiday for me ! but I should have one for this week.  :beer:
still trying to paint with light!!

DigiDiva

I had other priorities unfortunately. Just couldn't get a suitable shot in the timescale.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

Competitions are getting to the point of why bother i'm afraid. People have just got too much on during the week or are just too apathetic.

Must admit some weeks it is a chore to get a picture thats why i also enter another forum as although it is a weekly topic you can use pictures from your archives if you wish. :yikes:

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

jinky

Always sticky at holiday times. All my holiday pics were a week too early.

Oldboy

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on July 18, 2015, 07:46:09 AM
Well done Reinardina, you just managed to edge it.  :2funny:

OMG, and I was so hoping, one of the others would have to set the next theme, as I am slowly drowning in boxes with kitchen stuff, with the camera not being in use much at all. And a brain that is focusing on wall tiles; there is too much choice!

But, then again, it is nice to get so many votes. Thank you all.

I'll think of something new and post it soon.

DigiDiva

Well done Reinardina. A worthy winner that captured the old fashioned side of holidays before I phones, tablets, electronic gadgets and social media.

Reinardina

It was good to see kids without tablets or smart phones!

DigiDiva

kerbside

Always outside when we were kids making our own fun. These days they want for nothing the little darlings.
Good take on the subject Reinardina  :tup:

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on July 22, 2015, 11:06:12 PM
Always outside when we were kids making our own fun. These days they want for nothing the little darlings.
Good take on the subject Reinardina  :tup:

They want for nothing? They have lost the possibility, of going on 'real' self invented adventures. Like you, we were always playing outside.
These kids at least, seem to have kept that 'old fashioned' childhood alive.
(And thanks for the compliment.)

jinky

Not all kids want for nothing and many still do use the outdoors. A lot more would I am sure if parents would stop soaking up the media headlines and assume that every adult out there they may come into contact with is a paedophile. You`d think child sex abuse  didn`t happen until nowadays - but of course Operation Yewtree and other cases show this behaviour has been around a long time. As a youth worker in the 70s I remember experiencing my first cases of abuse involving one of my own workers and his young daughter. Horrific to deal with in those days without support / structures to tackle it but showed what I still hold  to be true now. Most abuse with kids is within the family / people they know well and parents need to lose this irrational fear of letting kids explore the outside world and they`d be off on their bikes / scooters to parks anf the like.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.