• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 140
  • Total: 140
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Competition Votes

Started by skellum, July 06, 2010, 01:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Last weeks Comp had 5 entrants and 9 votes... pretty sad.. :'(     all members can vote and it only takes two clicks so If you have not bothered before please vote this time !.... I am beginning to sound like a Politician..... :-[... time for bed.. :legit:

Trickee

To be honest i don't always drill down the forum to the voting area but always end up viewing the entrants in the gallery as they are uploaded.
my thoughts are that you would get more votes if the polling booth was in the front gallery and not down in the forum listings.
sometimes its quite hard to cast a single vote some pictures are better than others again would you get more votes if you used the gallery gradings of RUBBISH POOR FAIR GOOD EXCELLENT GREAT.
just my 2 pennyworth-cheers  :beer: :legit:

picsfor

that's a rather good idea - put the poll on the front page so when people log in or visit they get to see the entries and vote with a simple click.

Maybe an idea of the next version Mick

skellum

I like the front page poll idea we will have to see what Mick has to say.... :legit:

Mick

Quote from: picsfor on July 06, 2010, 08:53:18 AM
that's a rather good idea - put the poll on the front page so when people log in or visit they get to see the entries and vote with a simple click.

Maybe an idea of the next version Mick

OK then, lets see what we can do. How exactly is this going to work.  A poll on the front page shouldn't be a problem, but what did you have in mind?

I'm assuming all the images will have to show on the home page?  if so that will take up a lot of room especially if more people enter.  These will be thumbnails? or intermediate sized images?

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

picsfor

For me it would be a case of displaying thumbnails of the images on the front page and if possible link to the main image in the gallery if they want to have a full look.
This would be above or below the poll for the weekly submissions.

What about setting a cap on number of entries if need be - say 10 or 15 according to how much of the front page is taken up?

It needs to be made workable so people can literally come to the front page and see poll.
What about moving the Image of the Week to one side of the screen and having the thumbnails with poll facility featured on the other side of the page.

That way we not only get to view Image of the Week, but get to see entries of the weekly comp posted.
This may need the weekly comp to run from Mon to Fri with images submitted by mid night Saturday to allow for the poll to be set up with IOTW.

How does that sound?

alan1572

Quote from: picsfor on July 06, 2010, 06:10:46 PM

This may need the weekly comp to run from Mon to Fri with images submitted by mid night Saturday to allow for the poll to be set up with IOTW.

How does that sound?

i'm the last person to have a say on the weekly comp given my lack of entries lately  but when i am able to take a suitable snap the weekend is often my only chance.
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Mick

Quote from: picsfor on July 06, 2010, 06:10:46 PM
For me it would be a case of displaying thumbnails of the images on the front page and if possible link to the main image in the gallery if they want to have a full look.
This would be above or below the poll for the weekly submissions.

What about setting a cap on number of entries if need be - say 10 or 15 according to how much of the front page is taken up?

It needs to be made workable so people can literally come to the front page and see poll.
What about moving the Image of the Week to one side of the screen and having the thumbnails with poll facility featured on the other side of the page.

That way we not only get to view Image of the Week, but get to see entries of the weekly comp posted.

How does that sound?

OK, getting some help with this as I type, (Thanks Freddy)  We're still not sure how this is going to work, and begs the question, will people want to vote from the front page without seeing the full size image?

My Gallery

OpenSea

Eileen

I think it would help just to see a link to the poll on the front page and something to draw attention to it while it's open. The same goes for the competition. I always mean to vote but frequently miss the deadline because I don't see that the poll's open. Lack of time means I don't routinely search through the forum for updates, relying on the front page postings.

Mick

OK, there's a Poll test block on the home page, is that the sort of thing you mean guys? 

There's no way I'll get the poll block and IOTW block side by side though, so it might have to go directly below the latest gallery images block.

My Gallery

OpenSea

skellum

We usually have the votes hidden untill someone has voted... :legit:

bones615

Looks good, but i am seeing 2 red crosses in white boxes under the vote line on all pics.

Simon

Mick

Quote from: bones615 on July 09, 2010, 07:15:40 PM
Looks good, but i am seeing 2 red crosses in white boxes under the vote line on all pics.

Simon

:doh: Forgot to add the images to the theme you are using.  Try it now.  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

bones615

Quote from: admin on July 09, 2010, 07:23:19 PM
Quote from: bones615 on July 09, 2010, 07:15:40 PM

Simon

:doh: Forgot to add the images to the theme you are using.  Try it now.  ;)

All good apart from the image under irv,s pic - it has a gap in the middle.

Trickee

Looks all good to me Mick-watch the votes flood in now :dance: :dance: :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.