• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: Simple on September 01, 2017, 06:49:15 PM
I have recently received my father's old camera's. 2x  Nikkormat's  and have been shooting with them. Loved the results!
But I will not go back to darkroom in a hurry.

I have my Dad's old camera. I took my first photographs with it, as a kid.
A couple of years ago, a photographer friend road tested it, and he was impressed with the results.

As I need all the help I can get, because of my imperfect eye sight, I don't think I will ever use it again, but I simply love it. Not only the memories, but also the solid build quality. They were built to last, as they say.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Beryl

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Oldboy

Quote from: Beryl on October 04, 2017, 09:19:44 PM
I bought a new iMac computer  8)

If it hasn't got Windows not worth buying!  :P

Enjoy your new computer.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Enjoy it Beryl. If it's a replacement you'll be up and running in no time :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beryl

Thanks Hinrance it's not a replacement . I want to get to know imac

Windows isn't the be all and end all of everything oldboy. One should always try to expand their knowledge no matter how old 
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Oldboy

Quote from: Beryl on October 06, 2017, 08:51:08 AM

Windows isn't the be all and end all of everything oldboy.

It is when I've been using it since Windows 3.1 and Dos 6.  8)

I've used Macs but never been a fanboy.  :)

Hinfrance

Hope you like it Beryl.

Just don't tell Oldboy that Nikon aren't the only company who make cameras  :legit:

Anyway, enjoy the learning experience.

(At this point I have to confess that I too have used Apple stuff - nicely made objects, but imho a triumph of style over substance except the iPad, and even that seems a bit pricey to me - I've always found them deeply frustrating to use, a question of acclimatisation possibly, but I have had no problems with Ubuntu).

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 06, 2017, 01:06:01 PM

Just don't tell Oldboy that Nikon aren't the only company who make cameras  :legit:

You mean others make cameras?  :uglystupid2:

anglefire

WMMFGT

Part Exchanged my 70-200 F4 for a 70-200 F2.8 L IS Mk2. And applied for the cash back. Got a very good price for the F4 too - more than WEX originally offered based on an online request. Gave me a full 10 for condition. Not bad for a 10 year old lens. :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

And a bit bad too - had a disk read error on my whizzy SSD which meant that after trying everything under the sun and then some I had to reinstall Windows. So now I've got the latest release and although the reinstall deleted all the temp files causing a few minor irritations and *expletive deleted* XLN decided it was yet another new computer (it does this every time there is an OS upgrade and when I cloned the HDD to the new SSD) thus screwing up the product licences, it's all going swimmingly so far. Even Cubase is working, which given that is what I spend most of my time using, is rather nice.

Just got to sort out all the other computer ID related licences (they'll all be music software) before I'm back to full working order. So all in all not a bad day. Oh and the new firmware for my Katana amplifier is, to coin an expression from over the pond, awesome.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

And yesterday I bought an immaculate Fujifilm SL1000 from the second hand shop for £100. Trouble is it turns out the charger is knackered. The shop were very apologetic and have ordered me a new charger and an additional generic spare battery. So I can't play with it yet, but looking forward to doing so.

Every time I sell a bridge camera (usually to fund some music related things) I always end up regretting it sooner or later. I promise I'll keep this one for a while. Probably ;)

Oh and we got the winter cover onto the pool in record time. :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.