• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 245
  • Total: 245
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Weekend Comp. Chat Thread

Started by skellum, January 30, 2009, 07:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Ellis

Well, eventually I'm in with a shot from Portmeirion Village taken yesterday afternoon. Couldn't decide which to enter so tossed a coin... All the best everyone.

Mark

oggalily

Quote from: Tringle WP on February 02, 2009, 09:40:55 AM
Now, how does one set up the poll?

Howard
I may be accused of throwing a spanner in the works, but the DCMag site has been stable for a few days now so why not run the poll from there?

hevans

Quote from: Tringle WP on February 02, 2009, 09:40:55 AM

Now, how does one set up the poll?
I'd be inclined to set up the poll back at DCM, but only because the number of people that can vote will be far larger and the historical record will be preserved on that site. But that's the only reason I can think of.

On the other hand, it would be nice to keep the whole thing in one place for this weekend... Perhaps we should have a poll to decide where the poll should be :)

Lurky, do you have a preference?

H.

oRGie

Would be a nice gesture to Lurkalot to have the poll here and put a link to it on dcm  :tup:  the winning images will still be in the winners thread over on dcm...

Hinfrance

My thoughts exactly - I'm trying to work out the poll now - it looks like you will not have the images to chose from, so you'll need to make your choice and then nip over to the poll thread. I think. I've only just started on it. :o

OK done it now - I think - the pictures are below the voting form, and this weekend it is a secret ballot - you will only see the voting progress after you have yourself voted.

Just going to post a link from DCM

Good luck everyone.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

guy1970

All seems to work fine on the poll thread. Have just cast my vote to Ogga Lily, great choice of subject and nice image. A close 2nd choice was TringleWP, I was thinking along the same lines but my efforts didn't wotk out.

Good Luck all. See you back on DCM next week.

Guy
Guy

Hinfrance

I haven't put a link on DCM - thinking about it, it could lead to another huge increase in registrations here (in order to vote) and I wouldn't want to to encourage this without Mick's agreement.

H
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Eileen

Some great entries this week again. I have two or three possibles but can't see Howard's picture (it gets half way through downloading and then stops) so will try again later. A link from the DCMAG site sounds a good idea as long as Mick is happy.

Mick

Quote from: Tringle WP on February 02, 2009, 03:45:11 PM
I haven't put a link on DCM - thinking about it, it could lead to another huge increase in registrations here (in order to vote) and I wouldn't want to to encourage this without Mick's agreement.

H

Tricky one this.  Registrations are more than welcome, that's what I built this place for  ;) .  But what I don't want is to spam another site, which this could be considered.   Maybe just let this one roll, and then move it back to DCM for next week.  

As for CC, if you guys want to stick around, and have any comps of your own, then your more than welcome to do so.   ;)  Either way,  I doubt it'll have any effect on DCM.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Quote from: Eileen on February 02, 2009, 04:45:46 PM
Some great entries this week again. I have two or three possibles but can't see Howard's picture (it gets half way through downloading and then stops) so will try again later. A link from the DCMAG site sounds a good idea as long as Mick is happy.

Hi Eileen - I posted it to DCM too http://community.dcmag.co.uk/photos/tringle_wps_gallery/images/948470/original.aspx and it is also on my flickr stream. So there are three places you should be able to see it, fingers crossed.

I see on the news that it's still snowing down your way - lots of photo opportunities I'd say . .

TTFN,

Howard
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Alfonso_Frisk

Well IMHO, the most important people, the entrants, are already registered and their votes are the most valuable as I see it.
A link to DCM not needed is my thoughts.
Well done to those who could be bothered to register here and take part, ensuring the comp continues.
One thing though, don't forget we are here when you go back to DCM towers. A warm welcome always awaits.
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Just given my vote to skellum, as it took me a while to workout the angle. Some cracking shots posted all. Thanks to Luckalot for the use of his great site.  ;D

Eileen

It was really hard to decide but my vote went to Ogga Lily in the end. Thanks very much to Mick and CC regulars for hosting the comp this weekend. I look forward to calling in more regularly going forward.

jinky

A difficult choice but I went for one of OldBoy`s favourite buildings I think. I just love the shapes and textures and like the angle. Nicer sky would have been good but all been a bit grey and heavy lately. Could have been one or two others too and so glad you could host us on here and not miss a week.
First week in a while that I have not shot anything specifically for the comp but fortunately one of my zoo images fitted quite nicely with a bit of work.

hevans

Tough choice...but after some deep introspection....cast my vote for Jinky. Just liked the expression.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.