• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 239
  • Total: 239
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

At work

Started by skellum, June 13, 2012, 12:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

I recently photographed a Wedding in a church with a very nice upper gallery and balcony and at the rehearsal I thought it would be a good idea to have a second shooter up there to cover proceeding from above so to speak.
Anyway jimthetrain was busy working on the railway ( Which reminds me I should of asked Just Dave who lives locally ) so I decided to set up my second camera on remote. I am quite pleased with the result and so is the Bride so everyone's happy even though I can be seen taking the shot and on the right you can see my wife Jenny trying not to be seen. ( Which reminds me of a Monty Python sketch )
By the way there were more people at the Wedding than the picture suggests they were just out of shot.

Hinfrance

That's a really super shot. I'm sure the happy couple will love it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Nice work. I`ve a similar issue next month when the bride would like a shot from the balcony but would not pay for a 2nd shooter to get that and other shots. I`m hoping the vicar is as generous / kind as I hear and might agree to let us stage a shot after the wedding when I can get up there as she wants a close up of them and the longer lens will be on my camera. It`s either that or she does without or thinks again re: 2nd shooter as I am already doing it far too cheaply !

Oldboy

Cracking shot Dave, but wonder how you judged the moment to fire the shutter, or did you take more than one shot?  ;)

skellum

Not to cheaply I hope Jinky. Could you not do a similar shot to mine as a compromise.   Oldboy I took five shots this one being the third as it turns out but there was a bit of planning before hand. At the rehearsal I noted where the Vicar would be standing and on the day we arrived early at the church to set up the camera and my wife stood in the Vicars position for me to get a fix for the camera. When I had photographed the Brides entrance at ground level I quickly moved around the edge to the alter and then took a guess that the shots should be OK as she approached the last rows of seats.

Sandy

Its a great photo and I like the different angle,

Sandy

jinky

Quote from: Dave on June 14, 2012, 12:23:36 AM
Not to cheaply I hope Jinky. Could you not do a similar shot to mine as a compromise.   

The usual friend of a close friend`s daughter in hard times that took my pity and made me offer a more generous discount - as much for the fact it was an all day booking with some nice features that would help my portfolio / development fo the wedding side which I am finding slow. I might try something similar at the rehearsal and see if it works - if I can remember how the remote on my back up works after all this time  ;)

Jonathan

Quote from: jinky on June 14, 2012, 09:33:18 AM
The usual friend of a close friend`s daughter in hard times that took my pity and made me offer a more generous discount - as much for the fact it was an all day booking with some nice features that would help my portfolio / development fo the wedding side which I am finding slow.

I was just about to give you a hard time for devoting effort to fixing her lack of budget ;)  There's a simple and obvious solution - it just costs them money....

Realistically there's plenty of time in an Anglican ceremony to nip up to a balcony.  Just check that they are doing all the verses to Jerusalem or All Things Bright and Beautiful and you're sorted.  Catholic ceremony you have a-g-e-s....

BTW remote cameras rock.  You can use it cover the shutter noise.  Place your camera very obviously on the floor and then discreetly hit the remote and glare at whoever must have made the noise :D
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.