• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 184
  • Total: 184
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

WEATHER-CHAT Thread- weekly competition 7 November- 15 November 2015

Started by Reinardina, November 07, 2015, 09:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

WEATHER - CHAT - Weekly Competition 7 November -15 November 2015

I know it has been done before, but it is Britain's favourite topic of conversation, so I hope it will be a favourite topic for photography too. And as it is not restricted by geographical constraints, I hope we'll get a good number of entries.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 15th November 2015, 23:59.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday16th November 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 17th November 2015.
Winner to be announced Saturday 21st November 2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, IE Saturday xx to Sunday xx

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Jediboy

I've been away for a while, but did quite a bit of photography whilst on holiday last week. Really going to try to put more efforts into the comps. Try not promise.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Quote from: Jediboy on November 07, 2015, 08:53:18 PM
I've been away for a while, but did quite a bit of photography whilst on holiday last week. Really going to try to put more efforts into the comps. Try not promise.

It's good to see you again.

Jediboy

Thanks. I pop in every now and then, but been very busy and had other things going on. Will endeavour to contibute more. 

Chris

Reinardina

Reinardina

I came home (in the pouring rain), with quite a few suitable pictures, of which I decided to enter this one:

Sitting out the storm.

Here are two more I considered:

Alone ...

The Cliché

SimonW

I like all three a lot, but for me "Alone" would beat "Sitting out the storm". I know it's a very personal thing but I do like the composition and the story it tells.

On another subject, I've only recently realised how important the title of an image can be in influencing the judge's decision. I do think all these are very well chosen.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

From the first few photographs I have taken in the past month:

Keeping my eye out for weather, although our forecast remains for sunny and relatively warm for a good few days yet. Although sometimes there is some mist in the mornings, like today.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Thanks Simon.

I agree that titles can give a 'nudge,' and make you see a certain image differently, than if it was untitled, or with a different title.
I find it incredibly difficult to get the title right.

H, sunny weather is weather too! But I agree, mist and rain have more impact.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on November 11, 2015, 04:56:00 PM

Not if you are taking pictures of Autumn colours. It has to be sunshine all the way.  :D

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on November 11, 2015, 05:33:49 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 11, 2015, 04:56:00 PM

Not if you are taking pictures of Autumn colours. It has to be sunshine all the way.  :D

I managed to shoot autumn colours in the pouring rain, crouched on the pavement, wielding a camera, while struggling with an umbrella in fairly strong winds.

We're not all good weather photographers!    :legit:

Jediboy

There's loads of interesting 'weather' happening this week. But my 2 year old son doesn't share my interest in photography! Hopefully I'll get an opportunity over the weekend when the wife is not at work .

Chris

David Blandford

I never seen to have time to get out an take any photographs at the moment, especially for the competitions! However today I had the opportunity to snatch a couple of weather themed shots. Now which one to enter!

or maybe

still trying to paint with light!!

Reinardina

I'd go for the second one, if I were you, but you have to decide!
Good flares! I haven't seen them for ages.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.