• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 266
  • Total: 266
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Star trails

Started by Jediboy, February 17, 2018, 01:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Hi,
This was supposed to be a comp entry for Flash but I didn't have any batteries for my flash gun.  :uglystupid2:

Anyway, I had about 20 mins to spare before picking up up of my children from a party and thought I'd try star trails, as its been a while since I have tried this.
I was struggling to find a free star trails software for my Mac and ended up buying the star trails App by Apple for £5.99. `I thought this was reasonable and if it turned out to be rubbish I wouldn't be too upset about losing £6.

I'm fairly pleased with the star trails but need to try more now and see if i can improve.

Any thoughts/suggestion appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Simple

Wow, would have been so cool with a bit of light on the barn. definitely a spot to come back to.

Oldboy

Agree with simple. Great effort. :tup:

Jediboy

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.
That had been the plan simple. I could kick myself for not having fresh batteries. But I'll go back soon and try again.

Chris

anglefire

I did some years ago when in the Pyrenees - was proper dark and this was about 900 seconds - pure fluke that I was pointing northish

I'm planning on getting a astro tracking mount soon as I'd like to get some decent Milky way shots amongst others.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Very nice Mark. Was that one long exposure? Mine was about 50 (ish) photos stacked in the Apple star trails app that I was quite pleased with.

Chris

anglefire

That was a single long exposure?
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Quote from: anglefire on February 20, 2018, 06:03:06 PM
That was a single long exposure?

Mine was approx 40-50 photos stacked together.

Chris

anglefire

Sorry - shouldn't have been a ? :)  I've stacked since - most notably in Scotland when I was taking some shots near Inverness and realised the Northern Lights were dancing. Couldn't see the colour with the naked eye, but the camera did.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

I must apologise too. When I looked back I realised that it was in fact you I had asked the question, so then it became apparent that you were answering, not asking, if that makes any sense?

Chris

dorothyreed

Wow... it looks really amazing! I like this photo so much
Hi! I have found ladbrokes free spins code here. What is this?

anglefire

Thanks - but I prefer this one - taken in the Pyrenees too - but a different year (2013)

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Indeed, great photo Mark. I'd be over the moon if I'd taken that photo.

Chris

anglefire

I've got a couple more

Plus the one above re-processed.

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Very nice Mark. And personally I think the re-processed photo benefits from the work. You should be very pleased.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.