• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 41
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT - ISOLATION 5-12th FEB 2023

Started by jinky, February 04, 2023, 01:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

CHAT
ISOLATION

So this week I'll be crossing the most remote parts of Australia by train (the Indian Pacific). So I want to see an image expressing isolation anyway you can and edited as you wish.

Pictures to be taken by Sunday 12th February 2023, but if you are struggling this week one from your archive is fine.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 13th February 2023.
Poll will be up Tuesday 14th February 2023.

Winner to be announced Saturday 18th February 2023.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc

jinky

Cannot remember if I asked but given that I will be on a ship for 2 weeks (assuming I pass the self administered covid testb :tup:) with no wifi could someone do the poll for this one please? TIA.
Gutted that thanks to Cunard failing to comply with hull cleaning standards the ship has been refused entry to NZ fiordlands and Bay of Isles - main interest for me. Boring ship days instead. So cross!!! Compensation offered does not make up for it. The perils of cruising in Australasia.

Jediboy

I can do the poll Jinky.
Sorry to hear about the boat trip. Poor from Cunard.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Thanks Chris. In some ways worse news now. Not going to New Zealand at as they have banned the QE due to hull condition. Instead we're going up the east coast of Australia visiting Eden, Cairns, Brisbane, Port Douglas and Sydney overnight. We're getting onboard credit, 50% of the cruise cost refunded and £500 off a future trip with the agent so result for me as I didn't want to visit the NZ towns/ cities remaining. You should hear the Brits complaining!

anglefire

That's a bit of a loose, loose, win Jinky...........

I have a very similar shot to your entry - but a gull on the stoney beach with blue sky behind - so gone for a fisherman instead as its too much of a copy - though wasn't as I was on holiday in Cromer - this being on the beach at Salthouse.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

That sounds like a mare Jinky. Shoddy service but at least they will reimburse you partially. I must admit if it wa me I'd be annoyed.

And hands up. I have forgotten to post the poll. Apologies all, I'll get it posted this evening.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on February 15, 2023, 07:25:32 AM
That sounds like a mare Jinky. Shoddy service but at least they will reimburse you partially. I must admit if it wa me I'd be annoyed.

And hands up. I have forgotten to post the poll. Apologies all, I'll get it posted this evening.

Slapped legs.  ::)

jinky

A rare spot of wifi. Should I win this week it will have to pass to whoever is 2nd to puck the theme as I'll lose wifi in 5 minutes and not have it for a few days at least. Looks like NZ cancellation was a blessing given earthquake and weather there on north island! Sweltering in 37 degrees here in Brisbane and next off to Cairns.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.