• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 24
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat – Flora and/or Fauna Weekly Comp 25th Feb 2013 to 3rd Mar 2013

Started by michaelb104, February 24, 2013, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelb104

CHAT

This week's topic for the competition is...

Flora and/or Fauna

I know it is cold and miserable outside but see if you can find something to lift the spirits in nature.

No restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 25th Feb 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 3rd Mar 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 4th Mar 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 5th Mar 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 9th March 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

DigiDiva

A lovely idea to lift us into spring. Not sure Ican enter, but I will try.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

I've combined life and death for my flora and/or fauna entry.
I will probably enter this:

Flora and Fauna.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I had been hoping for some sunshine so the daisies would come out, and when I got back from the car club meeting the opportunity presented itself.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

Gorgeous day yesterday, so I wait for today to go out with the camera when it is all overcast and grey.................. >:(

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Was taking pictures of Snowdrops when I spotted a Bee on a single Snowdrop in the sunshine. I mean how special was it to see at this time of year sunshine?  :o

jinky

Only had my compact with me and terrible light so let rip with a bit of different  processing for me on this crocus in the park

spinner

You people have green plants, flowers and insects in your gardens? I hate you! I still have 2 ft. of concrete like snow piled up in mine.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

'Garden' is a gross exaggeration in my case Spinner - it's a largish area of mostly moss surrounded by what are currently lots of leafless oak trees. But there were a few daisies pushing their way through the moss, so that is better than 2 feet of snow, I'll agree. And it was 17C here yesterday afternoon  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on March 05, 2013, 01:55:50 AM
You people have green plants, flowers and insects in your gardens? I hate you! I still have 2 ft. of concrete like snow piled up in mine.

Concrete snow wow! That would make great snowballs.  :dance:

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on March 05, 2013, 09:01:42 AM
Quote from: spinner on March 05, 2013, 01:55:50 AM

Concrete snow wow! That would make great snowballs.  :dance:

Sure, as long as you have a jackhammer to break it up into snowball size bits.  :(

Oh, and I see from my local forecast it's going to get a covering of freezing rain, I'll bet that will be pretty.
Pretty darn hard to get around that is.  :doh:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.