• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Gonna have a go on the E3

Started by guest4, November 26, 2007, 12:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4

Managed to sneak my way into an Olympus do at the V+A tomorrow to showcase the new E3. We'll get a go on it and we can take our own cards to take the pics home. There's also an exhibition of Lee Miller's work there and David bailey will be making an appearance. Its in the evening but gonna make a day of it and get some London piccies.

Alfonso_Frisk

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Mick

Sounds great Andy.   Hope you have a good time, and look forward to seeing some of those pics.

Bet you find a  :beer: somewhere.  :D
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

guest4

I'm sure there will be drinks served with the canapes  ;D

If not I'm off to try St Pancras champagne bar

guest4

Errrr, didn't see Mr DB, was too busy playing with cameras.

And about half me pics seem to have been broken, I will try and get them sorted cos a couple of them are the E3 with the 300mm f2.8 attached. I've never held so much value in my hands...

Mick

Quote from: veggiesosage on November 27, 2007, 01:48:30 AM
Errrr, didn't see Mr DB, was too busy playing with cameras.

What you? or him?  :)    Not sure what you mean by most of your pics are broken?  but hope you get them sorted OK.   :tup:   look forward to seeing them.    By the way how much is the 300 F/2.8? 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

vxisme

Hi guys, already recieved my E3 saturday past, still getting to grips with it, but impressed up till now in the short time ive had it out and about, loads o bells and whistles still to understand a big step up from my E500 so hopefully it will work out ok, no more scene selection trying it all in manual, though had to go back to autofocus as my eyes were playing up..lol. but a nice bit of kit, using my other leneses from the e 500, so saved a wee bit, but hope to get the 11-22mm at a later date.
Donny
Donny  My Gallery

guest4

Think I've sorted the issue with the pics, seems they're all there its just that my PSE organiser has put them somewhere I can't find but they are there in the folder on the HD. Oh, and a couple of them are RAWs which I can't process yet, which is why PSE thought they were broken.

Donny, the E3 is completely different in the way it operates compared to the E500 isn't it? At first I couldn't get my head round it but I got to a point where I really did start liking it, reckon I could get used to it.

That 300mm is list price around £5k :o have to say I'd always assumed it was a pointless extravagance but now I've used one...

So there was a rather nervous me with a £6.2k package in my hands and, in the somewhat dim lighting of the V+A I took a pin sharp pic of one of the musicians they had playing there at 300mm hand held, first go. Looks like the IS works too.   

guest4

Couple of 100% crops from a couple of the pics. First one with the aforementioned 300mm

and this one with the Oly 50mm macro. Its of a statue in case you were wondering

vxisme

Evening guys, yes a good difference im sure, i really think im going to enjoy it in my limited capacity with it, but im still a wee bit unsure of using the cheaper lenses with , but will have to for the time being. Impressive shots, and quality, and handheld too, IS working well, ive done a 4 shots all told with handheld serious ones that is, but found it a bit heavy for me and was unsure of the settings , so was a bit of a bloomer to be honest, so sitting tonight and going through the settings , hope i remember some of them, but all in all im happy i got it now, and a lens update later will complete my bag.
Donny
Donny  My Gallery

Alfonso_Frisk

Donny mate you have one thing on your side which will always be your biigest asset, and that is an eye for a shot.
your gallery at dcm backs that up.
Lets see more of your pics here.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

guest4

Donny, don't worry about your lenses, even the cheapest Oly lenses are good quality. Mind you, depending what you've got I might take your old ones off your hands  ;)

vxisme

Evening lads, no shots today at all, rained and still is..lol, Andy i still have the original 17.5-45mm and the 40-150mm both Zuikio that came with the E500, im now using the 14-45mm and a sigma 55-200 4/3rd mount, not too sure what im doing with all the extra stuff just now mate, had a buyer for it all, but i might hang on to the e500 body as a spare for the bag..geez i used to be undecisive...im not sure now..lol.
Donny
Donny  My Gallery

guest4

When I went to the E3 do at the V+A the other week everybody got given freebie goodie bags. However, muggins here got there a bit late and had to leave early and I missed out somewhere along the line.

But I emailed the guy who runs the E system forum and asked if he could get hold of one and he has done, it arrived today. A set of Oly/Lee Miller reflectors, a bean bag a couple of booklets and a video cd. Cool  :D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.