• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 253
  • Total: 253
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Thanks Mark.

It's all still a bit up in the air, waiting for final prognosis. They've cleaned up his blood and he is a bit more rational now although still a bit on the confused side. Looks like, as isn't it always, a combination of things.

He has primary prostate cancer, but they don't know how far it has spread elsewhere. At his age he could have several years left as cancers tend to grow slowly. My last surviving uncle was given 6 months to live 4 years ago, still with us . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

My father inlaw had advanced prostrate cancer which was hit with radiation and various drugs and it was stable - he died last year but not from the cancer but from a number of other things - lungs gave up in the end - but had been on a trial drug some years before that got him from oxygen bottle gas to just a concentrator when walking - and was the last surviving trialist up until the point he died.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Mrs H drove to the UK two days ago to help take care of her father. The gearbox on the car broke - roughly £5000 repair. Because although we bought it with a full service history it seems that the garage (checking to see if it was a Ford dealer, if so watch this space) didn't change the oil at the recommended 38k miles. Result the oil failed at 56k miles and toasted the whole darned thing. Fuming, to put it mildly. Nothing we can do except take it on the chin, it's still cheaper than changing cars or getting a lease on a new one, damn it.

Meanwhile our 'spare' 14 year old Mondeo got through its retest, although the AC doesn't work any more after a stone punctured a hole the condenser. In two minds about getting that fixed.

21 year Corvette still drives like it never wants to slow down :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Sorry to hear that H. I think I would be using my fist on the mechanic's chin, to see if he could take it.  >:(

StephenBatey

Not good news - especially as it seems it shouldn't have happened if the mechanic did the job correctly.

On getting our new car (new as in first owner, not new to us) back from its first service, the oil warning light was on. It seems that the mechanic read the spec for the amount of oil needed from a different model, and underfilled. I had to drive it back to get it topped up. Then icing on the cake was that the garage did a collect and deliver service, so the delivery driver should have noticed the BIG warning text message about the oil...That was a dozen years ago now.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

anglefire

Not today as it happens - but I've thought about it now - My daughters got a -07 plate Peugeot 107 - and it got recalled through a safety recall because the rear window hinges fail and the windows can fall out. That was in Feb 2019.

Well the other day one did fall out - so the "repair" failed. Took it back to Peugeot - and its out of warranty so £100. So some how its no longer a safety issue that they haven't solved. I've not had time to do it yet, but I will be writing to someone at the dealership and if I can find out the CEO of Peugeot UK.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Quote from: anglefire on July 09, 2021, 09:25:25 PM
Not today as it happens - but I've thought about it now - My daughters got a -07 plate Peugeot 107 - and it got recalled through a safety recall because the rear window hinges fail and the windows can fall out. That was in Feb 2019.

Well the other day one did fall out - so the "repair" failed. Took it back to Peugeot - and its out of warranty so £100. So some how its no longer a safety issue that they haven't solved. I've not had time to do it yet, but I will be writing to someone at the dealership and if I can find out the CEO of Peugeot UK.
Peugeot (UK) complaints contacts
Visit Customer Complaints.
Email Carlos Tevares (Group CEO) on carlos.teveres@peugeot.com.
Call Customer Services on 0800 042 2422.
Email Customer Services on info.uk@peugeot.co.uk.
Email Stephane Leguevel (UK Managing Director) on stephane.leguevel@peugeot.com.
Tweet Peugeot (UK)

Hinfrance

Quote from: anglefire on July 09, 2021, 09:25:25 PM

Sounds like a bit of gentle persuasion is required there Mark - good luck :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Hinfrance

Quote from: Oldboy on July 09, 2021, 10:03:07 AM
Sorry to hear that H. I think I would be using my fist on the mechanic's chin, to see if he could take it.  >:(

Unfortunately it was done while the previous owner had the car. Not fair on Ford, but I think I'll stick to Skodas from now on. Our old Octavia lasted 18 years without any problems, only had to be scrapped because of changed emission legislation and being generally worn out - it could have been to the moon, 240k miles on it. Daughter has had a 2nd hand Citigo for 4 years and it has never missed a beat. Although she has, how shall I put this, slightly modified the front.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

Thanks Jinky - I had found the CEO's address but not the others - so something I'll be doing tomorrow I think. Howard - yes I shall be polite as well!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Mrs H is in Blighty, quarantine for 10 days, with compulsory PCR tests which she had to pay for. Has to do 2, day 2 and day 8. The first test was supposed to be delivered registered mail on Tuesday last week, arrived Friday. She did it, sent it off in their prepaid envelope the same day*, they say they still haven't received it. 8 day pack still hasn't arrived.

On the slightly better news front the new gearbox will be at the Ford garage tomorrow and it's only going to cost £4972.01 (incl VAT) to fix . . .

*technically, of course, she shouldn't have posted it because going to the post office is not one of the officially permitted exceptions. Nothing like joined up thinking is there?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

StephenBatey

The government isn't paid to think. It's there to tell us what to do. No reasons given. No reason used.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Hinfrance

Not annoyed, saddened.

Father in law died yesterday evening, after going down hill very quickly.

Upshot, we have to get ourselves over to the UK as soon as we can get through all the Covid bollocks, even though we are all vaccinated. I shall, therefore, probably be off grid for a while.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 09, 2021, 07:45:50 AM
Not annoyed, saddened.

Upshot, we have to get ourselves over to the UK as soon as we can get through all the Covid bollocks, even though we are all vaccinated. I shall, therefore, probably be off grid for a while.

My thoughts & prayers are with you all.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

StephenBatey

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 09, 2021, 07:45:50 AM
Not annoyed, saddened.

Sympathy and condolences. I hope that the UK government don't make things even more stressful for you.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.