• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 34
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

Look and Learn?

Started by ABERS, September 07, 2014, 09:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

The wonderful world of Abstract Art is given some airing here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/yourpaintings/mypaintings/Abstract-Art/my-collection#/8

I've never been able to make head nor tail of it and only make abstract images that just look interesting or make pretty patterns. The explanations give a good grounding for pretentious explanations of your work.

Sandy

Thanks for the link Alan, I have trouble understanding this type of art but I do like Aaron Blaise /www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-dl440ZbiE&list=UU0lLeNdvLrFozQRsQ1TQiAw

Reinardina

Rothko doesn't 'do' much for me. In Kandinsky's work, I always see more than there supposedly is; I don't know if this shows my ignorance or Kandinsky's. Paul Klee's example here, depicts something that is at least recognisable, but would someone pay a sky high price if it was by an unknown artist? Or an anonymous five year old?.

I sometimes wonder if certain works of art are really innovative and admired (by 'those in the know'), and become acceptable, and even admired to those of us lower on the ladder of 'art understanding,' simply because there is such a high price tag attached to them?

I personally would pay more for a painting by Kandinsky or Popova, than a pickled animal by Hirst, or one of his his 'dotty' paintings. Maybe because they're older, and I've known them for longer, but they at least 'speak to me.' (Don't ask what they say though!)

I'm doing a total house make over and would love to have that Popva on the wall; it would really set off the scheme I have in my head.  (Still in the 'thinking' stage, haven't done much practical work yet.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

......than a pickled animal by Hirst.[/quote]

I'd prefer a pickled onion with cheese!  :P :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on September 07, 2014, 06:03:54 PM
......than a pickled animal by Hirst.

I'd prefer a pickled onion with cheese!  :P :legit:
[/quote]

That's the best art of all!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Quote from: Sandy on September 07, 2014, 10:16:01 AM
Thanks for the link Alan, I have trouble understanding this type of art but I do like Aaron Blaise /www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-dl440ZbiE&list=UU0lLeNdvLrFozQRsQ1TQiAw

Thanks for that link Sandy.  I had a go at something similar sometime ago, just for a bit of fun. I've always wanted to go to the Antarctic to see and photograph the penguins. It's never going to happen so I brought the penguins to Hunstanton. ;)

Learnt a lot from the Aaron video and will incorporate the differing levels of exposure etc. the next time I have a go.

Sandy

I enjoy watching some of Aaron stuff he is very clever artist. I like the penguins.

Oldboy

I thought it was more illegal immigrants queuing to get into the country!  :P :doh:

DigiDiva

Funnily (and I don't really understand why), I don't like abstract art, but love abstract photography. These images, though special to the artist, don't do it for me.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.