• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 20
  • Total: 20
  • Baidu
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

How did you find us?

Started by Mick, April 21, 2012, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

I joined back in the day of DCM and was a member of both but back then stuck to DCM, when everyone left DCM after it became PR I stayed here and been on here since, although I am also a member of Dyxum as well, I tend to stay here where it's warm and fuzzy and I know the people and have been privileged to go out a few times on shoots with peeps from here... :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Karen

I joined in the days of DCM as well. From DCM I joined Ping where I met Mick and he invited me to join here. I started my own wedding business in 2006 so havent had much time for recreational photography. I retired from the wedding business this year and I'm glad to be back. It's still a really friendly site.

Matthew

Quote from: mondmagu on April 22, 2012, 11:04:33 PM
As I recall,it was a reference on PR by a guy who hates lawnmowers,smokes and has a Canon oven. :D :D :D

Des

and an eye level grill... :D

I was part of DCM for about 3 years, then got a bit fed up when it turned to PR....I saw this bloke pedalling his website...cough cough....sorry "Signature" at the bottom of his comments, so I gave it a click out of curiousity and hey presto  ;) :tup:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

I 'found' DCM in April 2007 through the late POTY competition. I was a passive member for some time, just reading all the wise words and tips about photography. I started to become more active (on the site) just before it changed to PR, and a lot of well known members left.

After the big row about a 'non pp' competition, even more friends left, and eventually I followed. I'd seen Mick's 'ads' on PR, but it was one of the other members that finally persuaded me. I was uncertain about it for some time, as almost all of the crack photographers were on CC and I felt out of my depth, being just a beginner. But I'm glad I joined and I think I left the beginner stage behind me.

I was two timing for a while, as I stuck with PR, on and off, till very recently when I got totally fed up with certain aspects.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

StephenBatey

I found the forum by the disallowed third choice  :2funny:

A signature line of someone on another forum which shall remain nameless to protect DCW.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

SimonW

Several years ago I was on DCM and getting fed up with it when someone there suggested this one.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Paul Montgomery

Some character PM'd me on the DCM site when I was ranting about something or other  :-X

Beryl

I used to belong to a little site called Photo.pic and a few others from here did too.

Carl introduced me to this site when the other site stopped running he found me on DCM amd pointed me here :)     
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Reinardina

Quote from: Beryl on July 23, 2013, 08:37:30 PM
I used to belong to a little site called Photo.pic and a few others from here did too.

Carl introduced me to this site when the other site stopped running he found me on DCM amd pointed me here :)     

Is there anyone on this site, who, at some point, was not on DCM/PR/DCW?

Jediboy

I think it was Mick who put me into CC from another site. I guess there'll be more coming this way now.
I need to work out how to post photos! :-\
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on July 23, 2013, 09:29:28 PM
Quote from: Beryl on July 23, 2013, 08:37:30 PM

Is there anyone on this site, who, at some point, was not on DCM/PR/DCW?

No.  :-*

Geoff

Hi I was on DCW but for the last week before it went of I was having login issues and was getting very little
help from the owners then mick asked me to try with the same login details I used on DCW to try to login in
here it worked with no problem so that was that I decided to stay.

Geoff

Reinardina

Quote from: pinerat on July 26, 2013, 08:10:43 PM
Hi I was on DCW but for the last week before it went of I was having login issues and was getting very little
help from the owners then mick asked me to try with the same login details I used on DCW to try to login in
here it worked with no problem so that was that I decided to stay.

Geoff

You can't go back anymore, even if you wanted to!

Chris14B

Hi everyone, I found the link on a facebook post about the demise of DCW forum.
Good to see some familiar names/faces here, hope you'll all be tolerant of the newbie.

Chris
Chris

spikeyjen

Yes, I found this link this morning on the DCW message about the forum closing
Thanks to whoever posted that link, nice to see some familiar 'names' here.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.