• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What's your bag, baby?

Started by chris@seary.com, January 05, 2010, 11:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris@seary.com

.....in the words of Austin Powers.

1) What sort of photographs do you take?

2) Why do you do it?

3) Thought of doing anything else?

For instance, moi. I'm bonkers about street photography, I think it's the most purposeful outlet for my interest. I think it's all about documenting life, especially the environment you're in.

I've done loads of it over the last two years, and am now branching out with a 365 - that's 365 self-portraits, one for each day of the year.

What else am I interested in? Well, I'd like to have a go at landscape photography when I get time. Not the scenic stuff, more documentation of the modern environment - shopping centres, housing estates etc.

What about you lot?

Oldboy

It's nature photography for me, trying to catch them in their daily lives. Also, landscapes and street photography I quite enjoy.  ;D

anglefire

I enjoy Motorsport, portraits, casual people shots, landscapes. Most really.

I enjoy macro - though don't do it much - mostly because the only macro lens I have is the EF-s 60mm which only works on my 350D - and the batteries are dying on that one so I have to think about it before I want to do some. Which Don't happen!

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

Historically, my photography covered where i worked (railway), family and travels (holidays) - but since moving into the digital arena it has started to evolve.

Now, i'm more inclined towards landscape, urban and street photography. I think probably reportage covers it most - documenting life as i see it.
I've also started to shoot with stock image in mind for pension purposes and to try and cover the costs of this hobby (this last year has seen me spend £5k +).

I've also acquired a full studio kit which i intend to make use of more and more, so i suppose portrait will come into it and some increasing measure.

alan1j

Well to start with I am a bit of a petrolhead so cars and motorsport were my main subjects but that was when I used 35mm with older minolta gear many years ago. Moving onto digital with sony and my older lenses I still remained the same untill finding DCM.

Their I began to witness a great change within my outlook of what the eye sees. Through the involvement of that most brilliant site I started straying out of the box. NOW chasing the light where ever it my be!! MY main passion is now landscape and lowlight shoots and nature, be it a small bug or a larger mammal or bird that we share this planet with. As for cars/motorsport...hardly ever ;)

So to me, Where ever the light does flow is  where I want to be, be it the sun, the moon or manmade. the subject is where my eyes do rest. :)

Must dash...Somethings just caught my eye AGAIN.... :legit:

jinky

I love variety and try my hand at everything. Do less portraits than anything else and need to do more but love doing landscapes, macro ( not much lately) and recently it seems anything that attracts the attention of a security bloke wanting to look big :(

alan1j

Quote from: jinky on January 06, 2010, 09:07:13 AM
I love variety and try my hand at everything. Do less portraits than anything else and need to do more but love doing landscapes, macro ( not much lately) and recently it seems anything that attracts the attention of a security bloke wanting to look big :(

Funny that They always seem to make a beline for us togs and level the criminals alone :2funny:

oRGie

I would be hard pushed to choose a particular type, any subject really, I just want to get good photos and I dont mean just technically, but emotionally  :beer:

Sandy

I seem to heading towards landscapes thou I do like travel photography. Iam also doing a project on telephone boxes.

Sandy

picsfor

Quote from: Sandy on January 09, 2010, 04:41:55 PM
Iam also doing a project on telephone boxes.
Sandy

And very interesting you phone box portfolio must be having seen you in action scouting them out on meets Sandy.
Hence my last trip to London and the picture of a black and red telephone box almost side by side.

Darren1978

I'm a bit like Jinky in that I love to take a variety of shots and will turn my hand to almost anything, except for portraits, as I have a 'fear' for that area of photography.  I'd like to consider myself as a Jack of all trades but master at none  ;D

I really would like to concentrate on a few specific areas, but I just can't decide on which ones...:D

CML-1591

Anything post modern thanks to uni.

I like Macro stuff after seeing LordV's stuff and because I like how insects live their lives etc etc... just another world waiting to be explored, just want the MP-E 65mm =(. Also Landscapes, wouldn't mind portraits but I'm not much good at talking to people in person TBH so...a challenge that needs to be over come.
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.