• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 149
  • Total: 149
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Post your best shots here

Started by oRGie, October 11, 2009, 03:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oRGie

Craig's question about where to post a pic made me realise we were missing this thread, so here it is...

Not easy to choose favourite photos, but here a couple I am particularly proud of

Would be a great start to the thread if we all posted some of our own favourite shots, then post whatever you feel you want to share, new or old  :beer:

ABERS

Had a discussion about this thread title on the old site. If it's your best image you can only post one, you can't have more than one best image!

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on October 11, 2009, 03:53:55 PM
Had a discussion about this thread title on the old site. If it's your best image you can only post one, you can't have more than one best image!

True.  ;)  Spose we could call it "Post your best shots here"  :)  :legit:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

anglefire

Went to Mallory Park on Sunday to see the Motor Cross.
Had a good day, although due to the revised layout, and possibly the Tv coverage, you couldn't get that close to the off-road section on the start finish straight and at the back of the circuit, they took the off road section inside the track - meaning it was farther away than nomal - a 300mm lens was essential to get close to the action - and I'm pretty sure I saw some 500mm and possibly 600mm Canon lenses around the place!

I've posted a couple on the gallery - but this is one that I was fairly pleased with.

Sailent details are: 1/25", @ 300mm focal length on a 1DMkIII. Hand held.

The lens was a Sigma 120-300 f2.8 EX HSM that I'd hired. One of the good things was the zoom ring went the right way!!

This was one of only half dozon or so I took at this speed - and this was the only keeper.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

skellum

A few years ago I had two things in mind, 1. To get a Football League Photographers Licence ( My Passion )  &  2. LRPS ( Royal Photographic Society ). The second involved submitting 10 prints to the society with a theme, which got me thinking  ( other sports ) and having been self employed for the last 1/4 century  I have the nerve ( or cheek ) to approach anyone , so I contacted the Media Manager at Oulton Park.

This was my first and hardest hurdle but he did suggest that if I was covering a driver or team for any Local newspaper relevant to them then all I would  need was a covering letter from the said Local Paper and I would be in there with all the " Pro's " on the day. So knowing you are into Motor Sport it may be worth finding out where the drivers or teams are from and contact the Local paper to suggest covering the event for them ( For free of course, they love that ! ), but you will get some fantastic pictures on the day.  I gave up on Oulton Park because the nearest local hero to us was Carl Foggerty from Blackburn but he had retired by then.

I didn't give up and next contacted Haydock Park Racecourse by e.mail and explained I was doing ( "something"  ) for the Royal Photographic Society and would it be possible to take some shots on a race day.  The day after I received a e.mail from the Racecourse inviting me to the next meeting and instructions on complementary parking and where to get my Press Pass.

I have attached below a picture I took at Haydock Park which could not have been taken from any spectator area and which I used for my ( LRPS ) so no lies told really.

So basically if you want the shots there is allways a way round it.    

Regards...Dave     :legit:

Graham

Actually,the real reason for my posting this was to provide me with an excuse to include this link. :-[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5GWuV4bIQ4
       I think Jinky and Sue in particular would be amused!
                    WARNING!   They use a swear word.....Twice!
                       Graham. :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

greypoint

There's another song I'll never be able to listen to again without singing the wrong words :2funny: :2funny:

Graham

I just knew you'd like it!
                                 Graham. ;D

Ps  loved the "Finger in the ear" la la la la lager. bit!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

CML-1591

Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

jinky

That one made me chuckle Graham  ;D

Just Dave

Hi

Taken whilst on holiday in Anaxos Lesbos Greek Island

Thanks for looking

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Oldboy

Cracking shot Dave and a wonderful composition on the reflected sun.  :tup:

Just Dave

Thanks very much it was my lucky day, as I was waiting for the sunset a very kind fisherman landed his boat, I quickly got into position, so I could get the suns reflection between the anchor prongs or what ever you call them LOL, then off back to the village very satisfied for a meal and a bevy. someone was looking down on me that day
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Just Dave

Hi

Another of my older favourite shots, I thought Id share with you, hope you like it

Khao San Roi Yot National Park, Southern Thailand, from the beach and after a short long tail boat ride we landed on a beach, we walked up a track through the rainforest which led to another rocky sort of path/ no steps just a rocky worn slippery climb, I wish Id taken shots so you could see how difficult it really was, with a 450m steep uphill mountain trek/climb, it was really hard going, to see the Phra Nakhon cave where there is the Subterranean sanctuary of King Rama V's pavilion, the Tham PHraya Nakhon cave chamber contains a temple , breathtaking, absolutely amazingly beautiful, and well worth the 50 mins up hill climb slog,  we passed many people who gave up, you can see the scale of it if you look closely there's a man stood in the temple

Dave

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.