• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 129
  • Total: 129
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

I am doing a 52 week project

Started by irv_b, January 28, 2010, 09:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

I have decided to start a one pic a week project so I obviously need 52 subject ............................
So your tasks is to give me 52 topics, (just so I cant make  a topic suit a picture I have shot that week ) which I will start from the first week of February and post the pics on Flickr (and link from here) for you to comment, laugh at or ridicule, however you see fit. I will only use pics taken that week for that subject and if it happens to  coincide with the weekly comp topic, I will not use the same photo.
So good people of CC do your best
Thank you all so much Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

greypoint

Mmm ...just 52....that should be easy enough :2funny:

skellum

I once produced a calender called " Images of the North West " and may do it again this year on a larger scale so thats one picture a month. But if I want it published for 2011 I will have to look for 6 pictures from last year to meet a mid year deadline for printing or leave it for 2012 which locally is " Preston Guild " year which only happens every 20 years..........but then thats 12 pictures of Preston which won't be easy.... :legit:

Trickee

ok irv here goes

first subject from me is to capture the reflection of people walking in front of a glass building, calling the subject movement.
hope thats the kind of thing you mean.

regards

trickee

oRGie

John Doyle2

How about London underground stations! Even the mainline stations, plenty to choose from there! You may even be entertained by busybody security berks! ::) Anyway good luck in your endevour. Best regards

ABERS

Just an idea that I've been toying with over the past couple of years but disregarded due to time restraints, (and laziness  :o).

You have good mobility around town with your work, both in the centre and around the outskirts, which would allow you to perhaps plan the following over the course of the year.

There are many fine public works of art both ancient and modern in the form of statues, memorials, plaques, fountains, gates, building cladding  etc. etc. throughout London, some blatantly obvious some little known (a little research here) that would make an interesting portfolio over the course of 12 months.

All the sites have the advantage of being fixed and always there not like an event which is transitory.

E.G.

irv_b

Thanks for the ideas guys.
I am going to start off with Trickee's topic  :beer: for this coming week then Abers's idea for the following week and I will come calling to you guys to give me a subject  to follow on from then
@ orgie I did think of using the comp subjects but thought it would be better to keep them separate
@ John I really don't like (or really use ) public transport to be honest I try to keep well clear of it unless I have to use it :)
@Alan interesting and certainly something worth thinking about  :tup: I will have to put some prior planning into it, to not do the obvious but certainly an idea worth investigating
My Gallery

irv_b

My Gallery

Oldboy

Cracking shot and reflection. What surprises me is she didn't spot you.  :tup:

DavidHammond

I've been thinking of doing a project, giving me something to work towards, rather than just snapping away.

I was thinking of a general subject of "people". Try capturing the various people around, the poor, the rich, the happy, the sad. Just to see if I can do it really. Again, though it's all about time.  :-[

Trickee

great reflective shot irv- you have set me thinking about a project like yours but work constraints make opportunities limited unless it was a study of 52 weeks at work :'( :2funny:

irv_b

I've been thinking of doing a project, giving me something to work towards, rather than just snapping away.

I was thinking of a general subject of "people". Try capturing the various people around, the poor, the rich, the happy, the sad. Just to see if I can do it really. Again, though it's all about time. 

great reflective shot irv- you have set me thinking about a project like yours but work constraints make opportunities limited unless it was a study of 52 weeks at work

David you are welcome to join in with me on this challenge anytime you want I am hoping to get other people to suggest the topics but I'll pick something if not (or you could)

Trickee that could work you know maybe capturing the same scene as the different weeks and months roll by!

I need a topic for the third week guys so get your thinking caps on ;)
My Gallery

irv_b

My Gallery

irv_b

Week 3 and my challenge was to take a portrait shot of a stranger which I finally succeeded to today
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/4370605885_34e05251dc.jpg
any suggestions for next week?
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.