• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 246
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 247
  • Total: 247
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Cool new camera

Started by chris@seary.com, September 20, 2010, 01:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris@seary.com

Jonathan

Yeah.  Gonna be a really interesting week....
It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

The rumour mill has it costing U$1400, or more than £1000 by the time it gets to the UK - so about twice as much as I would be prepared to pay for it even if it's brilliant.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

More here.
                http://news.bjp-online.com/q/11yXaNbE6uNogIvz/wv
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Malcolm1938

First of all I hope they can get the price right.

The use of a dual optical / evf finder would make it very easy to introduce an interchangeable lens version

It could be to test the market and a stepping stone to something much better....

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

nickt

Great looking camera. Better looking than the Pen. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Malcolm1938

The AP site is suggesting that the price is set at around 1000 Euros which put it beyond me.

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

ABERS

A clever bit of marketing aimed at those who enjoy retro-land and a bit of posing on the side. ;)

The fact that they have to indicate that the make and model is inscribed on the top plate makes me think that they were struggling to find enough things to say about the product ::)

Let's hope they've got it right.

jinky

I just don`t understand the pricing / market for such models. It`s like when I won the Olympus Pen EP2 on DC Mag site. I`d sold it a day after received and got £750 for it which some would say was a loss on it`s £899 price set at the time. Having opened the box and looked at the ugly thing I coulodn`t help feeling I`d done well to get rid of it for any cash  ;). That said the guy buying it cooed over the bolt on EVF which seemed like an after thought to me and occupied the flash hotshoe thus limiting what you could do  ???

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.