• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 67
  • Total: 67
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Anyone get the Perseid meteors? I tried and will try again tonight

Started by donoreo, August 11, 2013, 04:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Since I am up at the lake and 3 hours from a major city (Toronto) and about an hour from any minor ones (Parry Sound, Bracebridge, Huntsville, take your pick) I decided to give it a go.  I did not get an meteors but I did see about 10 or so in an hour.  Here is a photo I got. 

Matthew

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

I went out again last night.  I know they were supposed to peak between 3 - 6 AM local time but I was out late at night.  I know I got one.  I actually saw more the night before.  So since I got one I decided to get a few other star photos and some from around the lake of the boathouses lit up.  The lake was so calm I could see reflections of the stars, so I tried some of those as well.  I have not had a chance to process anything yet. 

Jediboy

Look forward to seeing the photos.

It's quite cloudy here now so not looking great for tonight. Fingers crossed though.
I do really enjoy being a bit of nighttime photography. It's calm and peaceful and think the results can often be well worth the late night.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

hssutton

The forecast I saw earlier suggests a clear sky, looking out over the North Sea appears to confirm this forecast. So I'm ready to shoot a few frames. Fingers crossed.

Harry

2Beers

donoreo

I am back in the city now, so no chance at all of getting any.  I was talking to a friend last night who could see 3 stars and I could see...thousands...hundreds of thousands. 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on August 13, 2013, 12:14:48 AM
I was talking to a friend last night who could see 3 stars and I could see...thousands...hundreds of thousands.

Did you count them all!!!!!   ::)

donoreo

Quote from: Oldboy on August 13, 2013, 09:13:39 AM
Quote from: donoreo on August 13, 2013, 12:14:48 AM
I was talking to a friend last night who could see 3 stars and I could see...thousands...hundreds of thousands.

Did you count them all!!!!!   ::)
Maybe....

alexharrison101

i saw a couple of the meteors, but didn't capture anything. looking forward to seeing shots from ayone who did!
EOS 700D, 50mm f/1.8, 17-55mm f/2.8, 70-200 L f/4 IS plus a whole load of filters and closeup attachments!

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexharrison101/

donoreo

Beaux Reflets

I saw a few but they were gone by the time I had pressed the shutter button  :knuppel2: - I ended up being trigger happy so have a few shots to squint through to see if there is a tiny trail - And I wish I had a much longer shutter speed available  :o and a remote so I do not get neck ache next time  :(
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

michaelb104

Sat outside late last night waiting for the display, saw 5 airplanes, 3 bats (not the cricket variety) and 1 meteor (I think). 

My stepdaughter who lives 100 miles south of us said she and her friend sat out and saw loads – it may have been something to do with the bottle of wine they were drinking!!
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.