• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 262
  • Total: 262
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

TOGETHER AT CHRISTMAS - NO RECOGNISABLE FACES! CHAT THREAD 14-21st Dec 2014

Started by jinky, December 14, 2014, 08:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

This is the CHAT THREAD

ENTRY THREAD HERE: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=4208.new#new

This week's theme is TOGETHER AT CHRISTMAS - NO RECOGNISABLE FACES!
As some of you know I`ve had a number of battles with Leeds City Council ad their Christmas Market photography policy which targets DSLR users unfairly. They say you can take pictures of general scenes but not use them / share them online without model releases or use commercially without the same  if they feature recognisable faces. Your challenge is to get an idea of togetherness at Christmas time across without featuring said faces - doesn`t even have to feature stereotypical Christmas lights / baubles. See what you can do - even helps H with French privacy laws!

Pictures to be taken between Sun 14th December and Sun 21st December 2014.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 22nd December 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 23rd December 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 27th December 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

oggalily

I have an idea but my interpretation is no recognisable people (i.e. an image that Getty et al would say doesn't require a model release).

Reinardina

Quote from: oggalily on December 15, 2014, 03:35:36 PM
I have an idea but my interpretation is no recognisable people (i.e. an image that Getty et al would say doesn't require a model release).

Sounds a perfectly acceptable interpretation to me.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Had something different in mind, but the situation wasn't quite right. So I am going with this one, probably.

The irresistible attraction of the German Sausage.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: oggalily on December 15, 2014, 03:35:36 PM

Yes that`s fine - needn`t be people at all, could be things showing togetherness. What is meant is that if there are people in it they should not be recognisable.

DigiDiva

I would love to comment on that doll but won't. It may be taken wrongly

ABERS

Quote from: DigiDiva on December 16, 2014, 06:41:20 AM

What a shame that things have come to pass that you and a lot of other people are reticent to pass any opinion on just about anything in case some sad soul somewhere leaps on it and deems it politically incorrect, either islamaphobic, homophobic, racially abusive, ad infinitum.

It seems strange that the doll appears about Christmas time when Muslims who don't celebrate the event seem to enter into the commercial aspect of it.

Hinfrance

I used to have a Muslim customer who was mad for Christmas - he loved the whole atmosphere, and as he had a small chain of shops he decked them out comprehensively. He used to say "business is business"  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Quote from: ABERS on December 16, 2014, 08:39:47 AM
Quote from: DigiDiva on December 16, 2014, 06:41:20 AM

What a shame that things have come to pass that you and a lot of other people are reticent to pass any opinion on just about anything in case some sad soul somewhere leaps on it and deems it politically incorrect, either islamaphobic, homophobic, racially abusive, ad infinitum.

It seems strange that the doll appears about Christmas time when Muslims who don't celebrate the event seem to enter into the commercial aspect of it.

There's so much in the news lately that 'taints' your view of things. The shootings in Pakistan, the seige in Australia, the mall incident a while ago in Africa etc........what has gone wrong in this world.

Oldboy

DigiDiva

Im sorry but there's no entry from me this week. Not had camera out at all.

kerbside

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Oldboy

Quote from: kerbside on December 21, 2014, 08:09:02 PM
Jinky, if i pixelate a face does that count?????????????

Pixelated would be fine as you couldn't recognized the face. In fact a lot of newspapers do this now rather than chase every person to sign a model release form.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.