• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

stereoscopic camera

Started by irv_b, December 13, 2009, 08:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

On my walk around London yesterday I got chatting to a gent who was retired and got back into photography and he showed me new camera he had not long got that took 3D pictures
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-FinePix-3D-W1-Camera/dp/B002M2X42K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260737286&sr=8-1
Although a bit gimmicky I wondered if anyone else has come across or used one. The shots he showed me looked quite good but he said there is only a 7" viewer to download them on when you get home
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

oRGie

Gimicky now, but the buzz around 3d hdtv will mean these maybe viewable on large screen tv's at some point, thats going to get interesting..  I guess a few of these  :beer:  :beer:   :beer: was the inspiration :)

skellum

A few years ago Preston City Council decided to fund its own freelance / retail art gallery to which artists were invited to submit there work. I decided to submit some of my own printed, mounted & framed photographes of Preston. On handing over my pictures I was told that the gallery was more in favour of 3D work to 2D which apparently sold better. I was quick to reply that I should go out and invent a 3D camera then we will all be in the money.......... :legit:

Jonathan

I'm pretty sure Dixons sold a 3d film camera in the 80s.  Similar kind of idea.  2 lenses and you had to send for special processing.  Not sure how they printed because lenticular is really expensive for a one off.

I've done a little lenticular with a standard camera and it's quite stunning - but a bit of a talking dog ;)

Ooooo Google says it was the early 90s and it was probably the Loreo.  http://www.loreo.com/pages/products/loreo_photokit_mkii.html
It's Guest's round

greypoint

I remember a stereo camera being featured in AP a long time ago - must have been the 80s I think - did'nt really seem to catch on probably due to cost.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.