• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 176
  • Total: 176
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

MOTION - CHAT Thread - Weekly Comp 12/06/2021 - 20/06/2021

Started by Jediboy, June 12, 2021, 08:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

This is the CHAT thread.

MOTION

Anything moving or showing motion. A car, a motorbike, an animal...........Anything at all.

Anything goes re processing.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 20th June 2021, but if you are struggling this week one from your archive is fine.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 21st June 2021.
Poll will be up Tuesday 22nd June 2021.

Winner to be announced Saturday 26th June 2021.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

An old one reworked from me this week as I didn`t get out with my camera

anglefire

Mine was a fortunate shot of the deer leaping - though I have plenty of blurred birds - and even more cars in the archives!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Hope no one minds - took this one this afternoon and preferred it, so I've changed my entry. More than happy to change back.

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Fine by me Mark. An oldie from me - and quite a shock it was to discover that it has been more than 10 years since I bought my last DSLR - but they are so expensive now I suspect it will have to see me out.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Not really what I was after. But late Sunday evening  was putting up a wardrobe (hate DIY type jobs) and I remembered that I didn't have a photo. Thought about an archive but the managed to get this.

Chris

anglefire

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 21, 2021, 10:21:27 AM
Fine by me Mark. An oldie from me - and quite a shock it was to discover that it has been more than 10 years since I bought my last DSLR - but they are so expensive now I suspect it will have to see me out.

My latest is just over a year old - I seem to get a new one about every 5 or 6 years. But the way the prices are going up and less feature improvements, I'm not sure when I'll get another one.  I don't feel mirrorless is an improvement at the moment anyway. I just wish they would add animal eye detection to my Mk3. Its on the latest mirrorless which came out at a similar time.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

I think you're right Mark, I haven't really put the effort in to finding the money for a new one as the improvements seem too incremental and small to justify the outlay. I have bought a new bridge camera and a new compact in that time, so could have bought a DSLR instead. But to be honest I use the Panasonic bridge almost all of the time now - versatility is worth more to me than absolute performance.

We are lucky in our little camera club (https://www.eymetphotoclub.fr)  to have a member who was a photo journalist for various Paris nationals. He always maintains that capturing the moment is more important that it being technically correct (well, he would, wouldn't he?) - the trouble is he seems to do both, every single time!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

For me its the classic case of want vs need.

I don't necessarily need a new DSLR but I want one. And as has been mentioned, they ain't cheap. I would love some new lenses, but don't need them so putting off. For now at least.

Chris

anglefire

The AF on my 1D Mk3 was not the best - better than previous DSLR's but would miss occasionally. The Mk4 was better but not perfect so missed that one and went for the 1Dx - and the AF was/is excellent - missed the 1DxMk2 - and bought the Mk3 after trying it (big mistake!) and found the AF off the scale. The only thing that I would like it to have would be general eye detection - it works with people exceptionally well using live view and head detection very very well with the normal viewfinder - so ideal for motorsports (Apparently - I've not been able to test it!) but works with portraits - but that isn't hard anyway.

As for lenses - I probably have enough - though with a limitless budget I would like a 600mm f4 and 200-400mm f4 - but those two alone are well over £20k. Nearly £25k - I just got depressed and looked  :uglystupid2:
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.