• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 113
  • Total: 113
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

FRAME THE SHOT-CHAT-Weekly Comp 7-14/8

Started by Hinfrance, August 07, 2016, 01:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

This week's challenge is 'Frame the Shot'. In this context it means use part of a scene to frame the rest of it/the central or main subject. Obvious frames would be windows, doors, or overhanging branches.It does not mean get your favourite editor to add a border to your image.  ;)

This is the CHAT thread

The ENTRIES thread is here:

Pictures to be taken preferably between now and Sunday 14th August 2016, 23:59, or enter one from your Personal / Camera Cranium Archives if you prefer.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 15th August 2016.
Poll will be up Tuesday 16th August 2016.
Winner to be announced Saturday 20th August 2016.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted (or earliest archive shot if applicable) wins.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

I like this subject - If I can't get a 'fresh' image, I have the perfect one from my archives. Hope I can get out though, cos I love looking for this kind of shot. It's surprising how many natural frames there are, once you get your mind around what to look for and start to look.

We have a monument near us 'Penshaw Monument' and in the woods nearby, theres a perfect shot where, no matter what time of year, you can get a shot of the monument, perfectly framed by some tree branches. I always mean to get a spring, summer, autumn and winter shot of the same view, for a tetaptych. but never get the time, or forget, or the weathers not right when I try.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Glad like the theme. Good luck getting the shot you want.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

I hadn't planned on doing the framed by trees and shadow cliché, but it just happened to be right in front of me. This is former home of the music hall star Josephine Baker

The chateau is currently being restored, but has displays of her memorabilia throughout. There is also a falconry centre - I'll post a few shots from there, hopefully tomorrow, but as usual in the summer there are guests to attend to first :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Simple

One from the archives here on CC. was taken in 2009. Been a bit busy will try to do better.

David Blandford

Just got back from a break on the Dorset Coast, But I did manage to grab this shot which fits the theme, I guess!!   :legit:

still trying to paint with light!!

Reinardina

I had a nice one, from the archives, but, it was framed by trees. After H's comment, I decided not to use it.

I had another one, a bit different, from my 'volunteer records' from last Wednesday. In fact just a snapshot, with the focus in the wrong place, so it would not have been my first choice, but ...

I 'tarted it up,' in the hope it would look like an old picture from the Stalinist archives. Not quite sure what to call it, but, I may go with 'Slave Labour.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

One from the archives. The Olympics taking up far too much time!

Statue of Bobby Moore taken through the structure of the new Wembly Stadium.

DigiDiva

Im in with one from my archives,I took for a similar theme a while back. My car is off the road for a week or so, so restricted to where I could get to. Hence an archive shot.

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

A quick hand held grab, in the shadows of evening light.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

David Blandford

Reinardina

Yes, and a few more votes, but I did hope for more!

David Blandford

You tried your best R to get some more votes !         ;)

jinky

Well I got my vote in but not my entry which would have been a bog standard shot of Oxford college / cathedral through some trees anyway. never mind - time should free up for me soon.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.