• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 74
  • Total: 74
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Who uses Live View?

Started by chris@seary.com, November 20, 2009, 10:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Haven't seen you around here for a bit was wondering if you were OK. I guess you are not looking forward to a hard winter then, or is it just the damp that starts it off?  :tup:

Oly Paul

Hi Oldboy, it only stops me from walking more than 3 miles, its the damned attacks of gout that have stopped me walking round the valley but I'm getting that under control with medication. :)
Regards Paul
One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

Oldboy

Quote from: Oly Paul on November 24, 2009, 09:52:43 PM
Hi Oldboy, it only stops me from walking more than 3 miles, its the damned attacks of gout that have stopped me walking round the valley but I'm getting that under control with medication. :)

Gout! That's caused by too much Port and rich food!  ::)

Hope you get better soon.  ;D

oRGie

I used it quite often on the fuji bridge I had, when i got my 400d I missed having it, then I got the 40d, was really looking forward to having it again and found I rarely used it, too much messing about in menu's, now the 7d has a dedicated button that makes it instant to access and I find I am using it now and again. Its handy for all sorts of odd situations and when making eye contact with the subject helps :)  but its no replacement for the view finder for probably 90% of the time. (especially as the viewfinder on the 7 is so awesome compared with those I have had in the past)

Hope you get well soon Paul  :beer:

stevebedder

I've been using Live View on my 50D quite a bit over the past week or so (as I havn't really used it since I got the camera a few months back) and am really liking it.

I wasn't sure that I would but I have found it particularly good when setting up shots on the tripod and trying different settings and seeing instantly the effects in Live View mode.

It does eat battery quite quickly though!

Steve

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.