• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

That's a pretty mean thing to do. Wonder why he would do that, other than to be an a@#e.
Well done for picking it up and putting it right.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

That's just vindictive - as much as I might not like someone (And I can't think of anyone right now - if you are doing sysadmin you have a moral responsibility if nothing else to do the right thing. Yes resign, but provide the information.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Thanks for understanding of my predicament gentlemen. I've still got some links to get back up, but it's mostly done. Today will be dedicated to plumbing as the sink in my daughter's bathroom is leaking (again).
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

WEX trade ins!
I told myself I wouldn`t get cross and that they would knock off at least 20% from the online quote o inspection but they surpassed themselves. They accepted most but dropped on every price bar 2 where they upped prices given online by 5-£10. They declined 3 items a 50mm 1.4 lens because it was loose o the focus band and could "hitch" when used manually, a 35f2 because it supposedly has more dust than it should - invisible to me,worst my newsest lens  a 70-300 beacuse VR ws not engaging and is uneconomical to repair! I tested everything before it went and cannot understand it unless damaged in transit.  They graded my Nikon 24-70 and 16-35 at 9- but suggest repairs are needed prior to sale, at my expense whilst offering £430 and £450 respectively claining zoom band sticks and sticky aperture blades othe latter - again both perfectly working for me. My Sigma 70-200 they grade at 8 but suggests need a chip to work on the newest Nikons. I think for ease I`l accept the offers made on the gear accepted without comment ad take a small hit - still more than I paid for it back out of my business when I gave up pro shooting and settled up for tax purposes. The declined and supposedly "need for minor repairs" I`ll ask them to send back and offer at their low prices to anyone wanting them in Leeds contacts. I knew I`d get annoyed!!!!Be interesting to see what they sell my gear at. I`ll have t get my D80 and charger back too in order to test the lenses for myself and assess them. Maybe take them into the local camera shop when they re-open for another opinion.

Jediboy

I guess Jinky this is potentially who so many people hang onto their old kit. Easier and less hassle than negotiating and posting all the gear.
Glad that some bits were valued well.

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Jediboy on February 23, 2021, 12:41:19 PM
I guess Jinky this is potentially who so many people hang onto their old kit. Easier and less hassle than negotiating and posting all the gear.
Glad that some bits were valued well.

I`ve told them I`ll sell the approved stuff and have back the "required action" ones that all worked  perfectly well on my camera It`s cost them a huge box going in and a smaller box coming back free insured postage to me. I`ll take them into the local dealers in Leeds when they open as I do want to buy a 70-300 new Fuji lens maybe. Just attracted to WEX as they bought for cash too at same rate.

Jediboy

I bet they have to post stuff back and forth  fairly regularly.
Local shop may be a good option.
That said I don't use mine anymore after they 'cleaned' my sensor and didnt do a very good job at all!

Chris

Oldboy

Doing the weekly competition today I lost the lot due to my laptop computer locking up. Also, my main computer, where all my photos are stored has stop me gaining access.  :uglystupid2:

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on April 12, 2021, 11:15:08 AM
Doing the weekly competition today I lost the lot due to my laptop computer locking up. Also, my main computer, where all my photos are stored has stop me gaining access.  :uglystupid2:

Oh no! Mind you I`m sure you`ll sort it out quicker than i might have done if it happened to me!

Hinfrance

I'm sure you'll fix it. Have you got a hammer?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

The phrase "Passing" when referring to someone who has died. They haven't passed or passing, they have at best Passed Away or preferable (to me at least) died. What's wrong with Died. Its what they have done. Its like they are trying not to say it.

And yes its very sad that the DOE has died, but he was 99 and wasn't exactly unexpected - And I'm now hearing the same stuff from the same people that I heard on Friday afternoon.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 12, 2021, 12:54:15 PM
I'm sure you'll fix it. Have you got a hammer?

No, but I've found a stick of jelly!  :P   :fworks3:

Jediboy

I was very annoyed and quite angry yesterday.

My 11 year old son plays for the local village team, and on match days one of the parents usually does the job of linesman. Yesterday it was my turn. I will admit to not being an expert on the rules of football, and much prefer rugby so have more knowledge of the laws there.
Anyway, at one point I waved the flag for offside, but as the player (of the opposing team) wasn't interfering with play, the ref ignored it and allowed the teams to play on.
At that point the opposition team coach shouted at me as to why I was waving the flag for that as his player wasn't interfering with play.

I explained to him that I haven't had any training and was simply doing my best, and it wasn't a problem as the ref had ignored it. I told him that he should get someone else to run the line.

He then shouted at me, 'I'll f'ing knock you out!'

This was right in front of my 11 year old son. I was furious. I ignored this at the time but spoke to the ref after the game who had heard it and said he would include it in his match day report.

My son was not too upset, but kept saying how ridiculous it was. He shouldn't have witnessed this at a kids football match.
Rant over.

Chris

StephenBatey

If that was the coach, what sort of players is he producing? Short tempered, violent loudmouths?

Disgusting behaviour.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Jediboy

That's the worry Stephen. They were a team that played quite aggressively but to be fair not over the top it.
I'm surprised that such a person can work with children.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.