• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 193
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 113
  • Total: 113
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

gall bladder

Started by daisiemaetulip, October 06, 2009, 09:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daisiemaetulip

anyone had their gall bladder out? I'm going in tomorrow to have mine removed and wondered if anyone had any tips tricks or words of wisdom for me?  :o

hevans

My wife had it done a few years back. It was an emergency removal, as she was diagnosed and scheduled for surgery within 24 hours (that was a long night). The first sign was a quite severe and sharp back pain.

Just lie back and enjoy!?  :-\

It's usually done with keyhole surgery, so you'll have a couple of scars around your belly, and it's not nearly as invasive as a full op. It seemed a very standard procedure, but she was in hospital for ~3 days.

On return from hospital, make sure you have someone to cook, clean and generally pamper you (ClactonDave, are you listening? :D).

Best of luck (but you shouldn't need it), and enjoy the morphine!

H.

Sandy

Hi

I had mine done many years ago and its great no trouble eating what I like now.

Sandy

irv_b

Good luck DMT hope all goes well and you back on your feet soon :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: daisiemaetulip on October 06, 2009, 09:40:37 PM
anyone had their gall bladder out? I'm going in tomorrow to have mine removed and wondered if anyone had any tips tricks or words of wisdom for me?  :o
Just cross your fingers toes and anything else you can think of
make sure your insurance policies are up to date and that your beloved etc know your favourite hymns.
Dont buy any long playing records or dvd box sets
Too late now but you should have had a x.m.a.s. dinner today just in case
apart from that you should be ok
Good luck
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Graham

Just enjoy the attention. :tup:
            Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Colin

My DIL had it done as an emergency on her honeymoon. She couldn't eat spicy foods for a few month afterwards without severe indigestion but now she is fine and can eat anything. As the others said keyhole surgery and she flew home 3 days later with surgeons permission. Good luck I hope everything goes well for you.

greypoint

Just milk the convalescent period for all its worth :tup:

top totty

You'll be fine Sandra, just a cuople of small cuts now. When I had mine nearly 30 years ago it was quite a big op (scar about 8" down the right side of my torso) and in hospital for 3 weeks. Get Dave to do all the ironing,hoovering, making the bed etc, that should be good for a laugh whilst you are incapcitated :)

Jonathan

Ooo let me know how this goes.  There's a chance my dad will need this soon.
It's Guest's round

ABERS

Quote from: top totty on October 07, 2009, 04:40:40 PM
Get Dave to do all the ironing,hoovering, making the bed etc, that should be good for a laugh whilst you are incapcitated :)
I always remember when my wife had her's removed, that was the wekk I learned when the boiled potatoes were cooked! :-[

Eileen

No advice from me, but best wishes.  :tup: I may be going to have a similar op (to remove stones rather than the gall bladder itself) so particularly interested to hear how it goes.

picsfor

Quote from: Eileen on October 07, 2009, 08:11:19 PM
No advice from me, but best wishes.  :tup: I may be going to have a similar op to remove stones

Do they still operate on stones or do they use sound like they do on kidney stones?
Had kidney stones a few years ago and they destroyed them with sound waves in fortnightly intervals - i was even able to watch it in process on a monitor.
If only all medicine was like that.

Best wishes to both

Oldboy

Quote from: Eileen on October 07, 2009, 08:11:19 PM
No advice from me, but best wishes.  :tup: I may be going to have a similar op (to remove stones rather than the gall bladder itself) so particularly interested to hear how it goes.

To remove stones they use ultrasound to break them up. It better than a Pneumatic drill!  :2funny:

Eileen

He said it would be keyhole surgery, not ultrasound. Anyway, the alternative diagnoses were much worse so I am not too troubled (yet).

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.