• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Trickee

>:( >:( >:(ROADWORKS with no one working on them. i only live 3 miles from work but low and behold the cone gremlins have been out and they are all over the place so 3 miles now seems like 30 with just a single lane of traffic, and whats really really ANNOYING is there is no activity not even a man with a brush ::).

greypoint

spinner

wasted another day sitting at home because the weather forcast called for thunderstorms all day. There were nowt.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

The monday after a warm sunday and the inevitable cans and bottles left in our park - the one with the drinking ban that is! They've had a go at damaging a set of goalposts and left a load of broken glass all over the goalmouth and surround. I usually have a go at clearing broken glass but there was too much...doncha love people like that >:(

hevans

Quote from: Trickee on August 22, 2009, 11:19:35 PM
>:( >:( >:(ROADWORKS with no one working on them. i only live 3 miles from work but low and behold the cone gremlins have been out and they are all over the place so 3 miles now seems like 30 with just a single lane of traffic, and whats really really ANNOYING is there is no activity not even a man with a brush ::).
We received a letter from our council last Friday that they will start to rip up the road and pavements outside our house...on Monday (today). There's nothing like advanced warning, and that's nothing like advanced warning.

What we're (us and the neighbours) are wondering is why?! The road's in good nick, and there isn't any obvious reason given, other than to remedy the poor state of the road. Of greatest amusement is that we won't be able to access our driveways, and will have to park in nearby places. Guess what. There aren't any. Also the bin collection will not be made, so we have to place our bins at another collection point (they failed to mention where these might be or what days the collection might occur). Oh, and because the road and pavements will be ripped up, the underlying material will be sand, particularly easy to drag a wheelie bin through.

Oh yes, and the time it will take to uproot and repave the 50m of roadway? 4 weeks. I can only guess that they'll be working tortuous 1 hour days.

H.

Chris P

WAMT?

The continual complaining and whinging about the DCM/PR sites.  It was funny at first and I agree with a lot of the comments made but I'm sick and tired of it now.

Once PR is live, I'll go and have a look at the site but I'm not beta testing for them.  I don't care what "The Team" say, when it goes live, what size the text is, which member of staff is in charge, why there is a "We love PR" forum, whether or not I can post screen shots in the gallery and what the security is like.

If I like the finished site I'll use it.  If not I won't.  I don't understand why so many people feel aggrieved because no-one seems to be mourning the loss of DCM (which, for it's faults, worked), more like everyone wants to have a go at PR, often justifiably.

Who cares?  Once it's live go back, have a look around and make up your mind but for ***** sake stop going on about it! >:(

Edit:  PR in the shoutbox - seriously?!?!

Darren1978

WAMT?

Hearing on the news about the disgraceful behaviour of West Ham/Millwall fans before, during and after last nights match.  Talk about dragging English football back to the dark ages  :'(

JCoePhotography

Quote from: Darren1978 on August 26, 2009, 08:36:12 AM
WAMT?

Hearing on the news about the disgraceful behaviour of West Ham/Millwall fans before, during and after last nights match.  Talk about dragging English football back to the dark ages  :'(

Yep, that's WAMT too.  >:(

Sarasocke

I sometimes long for British weather. Here it's either incredibly hot, too hot to go outside in the garden or go anywhere without water with the dogs, or we have thunderstorms which make my little dog Mickey go into a frenzied panic attack. Today was no exception. Hot but at least no thunder.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on August 27, 2009, 10:32:43 PM
I sometimes long for British weather. Here it's either incredibly hot, too hot to go outside in the garden or go anywhere without water with the dogs, or we have thunderstorms which make my little dog Mickey go into a frenzied panic attack. Today was no exception. Hot but at least no thunder.
After the rubbish summer we've just had, are you taking the micky!  ::)

Sarasocke

Suppose we're never satisfied with what we've got. The garden is bone dry - we don't have hose-pipe bans, but we do have a water meter. And I can't possibly do any housework, it's too hot  8)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on August 27, 2009, 11:12:18 PM
And I can't possibly do any housework, it's too hot  8)

Naughty Naughty!  ::)

spinner

Same here, they're calling it the summer that never was. Broke rain records, cold weather records and last week we had 11 tornados touch down in one day, which matches the yearly average.  :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on August 28, 2009, 12:38:59 AM
Same here, they're calling it the summer that never was. Broke rain records, cold weather records and last week we had 11 tornados touch down in one day, which matches the yearly average.  :o

Yes, but here it's been like it for three years!  >:(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.