• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 109
  • Total: 109
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 28, 2011, 08:45:42 PM
I`ve asked them to send me it backand not authorised repair. Hoping they`ll have removed grit and it works. Also sent a letter to Nikon expressing surprise that a high end lens can suffer thus and allow grit to render VR not working when housed on a pro spec D700. We`l see what happens but very annoyed!!!

If it is less than six months old and still playing up when you get it back, send it back to Warehouse Express and ask them to replace it with a brand new one, as per the Sale of Goods Act. Remember your contract is with Warehouse Express and not Nikon as regards the Sale of Goods Act. If they won't play ball, go to you local CAB who will sort it for you.  ;D

Just read the write-up on Warehouse Express's website about this lens which says, "The AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR is built to withstand the demands of everyday shooting, providing excellent reliability as well as superb image quality." Quote this at them both.  :(

jinky

Will see if it is magcally working 100% when I get it back and be doing as you suggest if not.

jinky

Warehouse Express rang me back and agreed to argue my case with Nikon. Nikon still refuse to repair under warranty stating that a few piecves of grit were in there that caused the damage and refusing to believe all my protestations about using it in accordance with manufacturers instructions and not having dropped it, got sand in it - never having been near a beach with it thus far. WE accept that on getting it returned unrepaired I have no alternative than to seek advice/ take action  under Sale of Goods Act  and said "well you`ll have to ". I hope that it comes back working fine, as it was not too bad when I sent it in - just juddering on start up - but an guessing it will be worse with my luck. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- daft thing is I don`t even see why they need VR in 16-35 lens when they don`t even bother on my 24-70  >:(

Beryl

What annoyed me today was ............... I had 59 pages of a short story to print and the printer ran out of black ink on the 56th page  :knuppel2:
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 29, 2011, 04:12:22 PM
Warehouse Express rang me back and agreed to argue my case with Nikon. Nikon still refuse to repair under warranty stating that a few piecves of grit were in there that caused the damage and refusing to believe all my protestations about using it in accordance with manufacturers instructions and not having dropped it, got sand in it - never having been near a beach with it thus far. WE accept that on getting it returned unrepaired I have no alternative than to seek advice/ take action  under Sale of Goods Act  and said "well you`ll have to ". I hope that it comes back working fine, as it was not too bad when I sent it in - just juddering on start up - but an guessing it will be worse with my luck. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- daft thing is I don`t even see why they need VR in 16-35 lens when they don`t even bother on my 24-70  >:(

At least Warehouse Express are on your side, but then again they are libel under the Sale of Goods Act.  :doh:

Again, I point out that it's a Pro lens and shouldn't have this problem even on a beach!  :o

If Nikon won't relent then, find out the email address of the CEO of Nikon Europe, and sent him the infomation asking him if Pro lenses should suffer from this problem.  >:(

jinky

You read my mind Oldboy. Just done a letter to nikon Service manager and email / copy of letter to Michio Miwa, President of Nikon UK that almost made me cry so here`s hoping  ;)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 30, 2011, 11:21:06 AM
You read my mind Oldboy. Just done a letter to nikon Service manager and email / copy of letter to Michio Miwa, President of Nikon UK that almost made me cry so here`s hoping  ;)

:tup:

Hinfrance

My son was beaten up last night walking home - three guys jumped him and beat him with a plank of wood in what appears to be a random attack. He's in hospital with his jaw wired up.

Any bets on what chance plod have of finding who did it?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

hevans

Quote from: Tringle WP on April 03, 2011, 12:40:23 PM
My son was beaten up last night walking home - three guys jumped him and beat him with a plank of wood in what appears to be a random attack. He's in hospital with his jaw wired up.

bugger! Hope plod does find them, but more important, hope your son recovers quickly and without scars.

Hugh

Hinfrance

Quote from: hevans on April 03, 2011, 02:20:45 PM

bugger! Hope plod does find them, but more important, hope your son recovers quickly and without scars.

Hugh

Cheers Hugh. I've always told him he shouldn't live in Cirencester . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Awful news. I hope your son recovers quickly Howard.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Shocking H! I hope he recovers quickly and they find the one`s that did it  :o

Oldboy

Three guys plus a plank of wood, brave bas*ards.  >:(

Hope he makes a good recovery and doesn't suffer fear of going out.  :tup:

Graham

Not been sure how to respond to this one exept to echo what Oldboy says.
                     Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Skhilled

I also hope he recovers quickly as well.
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.