• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

picsfor

I would have to say that i'm also in agreement that the type of legal practices that take place nowadays evolved in the states.
The PC brigade were exported from the states to the UK and destroyed our once great culture.

Does any one have a good old fashioned accident any more? You know - the sort of thing that you just couldn't have foreseen and would most often have been  seen in an episode of "Some Mothers Do 'ave 'em" and other similar sit coms - or is everything in life the fault of some one?

And if you accept that there is a God, or other similar divine being, you could follow through in the vein of the Billy Connolly film "The man who sued God" and sue all the religious institutions, as God would ultimately be deemed as responsible for all that happens in heaven and on Earth.

But if you follow that line of thought to its conclusion you would keep the philosophers employed for years, after which we would discover that every thing is down to the number 42!

Oldboy

Quote from: picsfor on January 21, 2011, 11:33:47 AM
I would have to say that i'm also in agreement that the type of legal practices that take place nowadays evolved in the states.
The PC brigade were exported from the states to the UK and destroyed our once great culture.

Does any one have a good old fashioned accident any more? You know - the sort of thing that you just couldn't have foreseen and would most often have been  seen in an episode of "Some Mothers Do 'ave 'em" and other similar sit coms - or is everything in life the fault of some one?

And if you accept that there is a God, or other similar divine being, you could follow through in the vein of the Billy Connolly film "The man who sued God" and sue all the religious institutions, as God would ultimately be deemed as responsible for all that happens in heaven and on Earth.

But if you follow that line of thought to its conclusion you would keep the philosophers employed for years, after which we would discover that every thing is down to the number 42!
If you saw the thread about the woman who fell into fountain whilst texting, well she is going to sue the mall owners! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KJzCmcBpO8&feature=player_embedded  ::)

Oldboy

It appears the government are going to sell off all the forests in England! They sold off the Gas, Electricity, Telephones and water to private companies who now charges us through the nose. I can't understand how short term gains will benefit the country, when we will face huge bills in the future. In the nineteenth century the politicians buildup the infrastructure of the nation to benefit all in the future, but now it's all short term goals with little thought about future generations.  >:( >:( >:(

anglefire

Quote from: picsfor on January 21, 2011, 11:33:47 AM

If we also stopped all the blame culture, the motorways could be kept running or at least get the smashed cars off the carriageway onto the hardshoulder and re-opened - rather than be closed for 10 hours whilst SOCO or whatever they are called due measurements to work out who was going too fast.

Insurance would be cheaper and everyone would be happy. Except the insurers. Shame
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Quote from: Oldboy on January 23, 2011, 11:26:54 PM
It appears the government are going to sell off all the forests in England! They sold off the Gas, Electricity, Telephones and water to private companies who now charges us through the nose. I can't understand how short term gains will benefit the country, when we will face huge bills in the future. In the nineteenth century the politicians buildup the infrastructure of the nation to benefit all in the future, but now it's all short term goals with little thought about future generations.  >:( >:( >:(

And when they do get sold off, you can kiss good bye to any motor sport or country pursuits as they will either want too much money (Motor sport pays a fortune now to use the forests, but at least it gets ploughed back into their upkeep) or there will be so many different landowners, it will be a nightmare to sort.

And of course, someone will want to profit from it all. So it will cost US more.

I dunno, people vote in the government and wonder why they do exactly what they did last time they got in and screwed the country. Not that labour did a lot better.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

The trouble with governments is that they are always made up of politicians.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

krennon

Maybe all the "Stars" that wrote the open letter to government begging them NOT to sell off the forests should use their millions to buy up the forests then donate it to the Woodland Trust/Forestry Commission/National Trust/English Heritage et al to be looked after for future generations rather than just writing a letter...look at Heathrow a fair few people including some "stars" bought that huge chunk of land to stop the proposed third runway expansion and now that seems to have died down a bit..
I'm lucky I live very close to Richmond and Bushy Park and not far from the thames, and the New Forest or the South Downs are only a short(ish) drive away as well,  so I have lots of green space to go to but those who don't have the luxury of 2 Royal Parks on their doorstep but live close to a forest should not be denied the right to get out doors and enjoy the countryside because they've been sold to a Chinese conglomarate...(Japan owns something like 85% of New Zealands Forests I reckon the Chinese would buy ours up)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

spinner

Hah! I live in Canada, it's one giant forest, covered with snow and dotted with igloos, just ask any American!
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

We all get annoyed with things from time to time, but I tend to get most annoyed when I'm taken for an idiot.

A piece taken from the BBC news site about Lord Taylor's expenses:-

"In sometimes emotional evidence from the witness box, he told how he had battled racism in his political career - he had been an unsuccessful Tory candidate in Cheltenham at the 1992 general election - and claimed he was in public life to "help people" and not for the money."

>:( >:( >:( >:(

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on January 25, 2011, 07:19:44 PM
We all get annoyed with things from time to time, but I tend to get most annoyed when I'm taken for an idiot.

I am sorry ABERS, you're quite right, Canada isn't a giant forest like the Americans think,. :legit:

Quote from: ABERS on January 25, 2011, 07:19:44 PM

A piece taken from the BBC news site about Lord Taylor's expenses:-

"In sometimes emotional evidence from the witness box, he told how he had battled racism in his political career - he had been an unsuccessful Tory candidate in Cheltenham at the 1992 general election - and claimed he was in public life to "help people" and not for the money."

>:( >:( >:( >:(

I have felt, save for some rare exceptions, the fast majority of Politicians/CEO'/Celebrities who reach these exalted heights of notoriety are Sociopaths incapable of feeling empathy or embarrassment.
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

WAMT? I live in a semi-detached house (don't know if that's the term you guys use, 2 houses with one common wall). For the last 2 days the lower portion of my house has stunk of wood smoke, no visible smoke just the very strong aroma. It's got me scratching my head, I've lived in this house for 30 yrs. Never experienced this before. Only thing I can think is the neighbours are closing the chimney flue before the fire is out. I really wonder what it smells like on their side. The other half was purchased by a young couple from Hong Kong just last year. There's a bit of a language barrier.
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 26, 2011, 02:07:53 PM
WAMT? I live in a semi-detached house (don't know if that's the term you guys use, 2 houses with one common wall). For the last 2 days the lower portion of my house has stunk of wood smoke, no visible smoke just the very strong aroma. It's got me scratching my head, I've lived in this house for 30 yrs. Never experienced this before. Only thing I can think is the neighbours are closing the chimney flue before the fire is out. I really wonder what it smells like on their side. The other half was purchased by a young couple from Hong Kong just last year. There's a bit of a language barrier.

It could be a cannabis farm!  :o

Oldboy

It appears that Birmingham city council have spent £700,000 on renting scaffolding around a clock tower in the last six months, while they decide what to do with the building! Some people/companies are intrested in buying and restoring it, but until the council decide to sell it they can't do anything.  :uglystupid2:

Oldboy

Quote from: Oldboy on January 23, 2011, 11:26:54 PM

Just found this website where you can sign-up to oppose this measure. http://38degrees.org.uk/pages/forests-campaign-media-coverage   :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.