• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 27
  • Total: 27
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Sorry Chris - but they (the royal family) do get my support on this front a bit.
Privacy was one of my favorite parts of my law studies and even a dysfunctional family has a right to air their dirty linen in private. It's enshrined in the Human Rights Act!
The question still stands - would Diana still be alive if the press hadn't hounded her?
Would Harry have a reputation for being 'one of the lads' if it wasn't for the press?
This is the information age where almost no ones life is private any more.
We should grant every one some privacy - and in fairness it is christmas celebrations they are asking for some privacy over.
How about a bit of good will to your fellow man kind!

chris@seary.com

The royal family are happy to use the press when they find it's beneficial to them.

Seems the rules change for Katie price, yes?

I wonder why......

picsfor

Quote from: chris@seary.com on December 06, 2009, 11:52:38 PM
The royal family are happy to use the press when they find it's beneficial to them.

Seems the rules change for Katie price, yes?

I wonder why......
Actually no - the royal family are born into their public obligation. They do not choose it. They are expected to live their lives to a standard we can only aspire to. Occasionally they rebel and just want to escape their bonds.

Katie Price on the other hand seeks the public attention and will do some extremely questionable things to get it. Exhibitionism is an under statement. And she doesn't care who she offends or hurts in the process.

The Royal family may not be perfect and may not be in full touch with the people - but i know who gets my respect. And for the record - it is nothing to do with how Katie Price talks - i live and work in Brighton (where she comes from) - quite a few of the people here talk like that!

magicrhodes

Katie Price has CHOSEN to SELL every bit of her life for money. This was her choice, the midas effect of this is that you can not pick and choose when you turn it off and when you turn it on... I apply this to all "celebs" who chose to make money this way.

The Royal family by contrast are born into a position which means that they have official obligations to present an image during which they can be photographed by all and sundry. What is wrong is the hounding often by telephoto paps recording all their lives... (My only caveat on this is e.g. if they choose to represent/ preach for fidelity in marriage and don't behave in that manner then that makes them fair game. I feel the same way about MPs who do this)

WAYT - Walking past Rotherham town centre Wetherspoons to see people boozing at 0900 They didn't look like nightshift workers and it annoyed me as I was on my way to work!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

spinner

Having the local car repair shop do an Oil Lube & Filter on the car while it was in having the Altenator replaced. Talk about adding insult to injury. Ouch! I can just imagine the bill now considering the Alternator is valued at $500 Cdn.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

anglefire

Nearly 2 1/2 hours to get home from Leicester- should have been an hour or so.

3/4 hour was getting onto the M69 from the M1. Would have been quicker to go north.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

hevans

Quote from: anglefire on December 07, 2009, 09:03:34 PM
3/4 hour was getting onto the M69 from the M1. Would have been quicker to go north.

I hear the worst part of the M69 is the view...  :2funny: :-[

magicrhodes

WAYT

Promise of snow then not much occurring!

Snow pictures thread starting and I am at work away from my library!

18 Pints of Bradfield Breweries Belgian Blue sat at home!

Schools break up today which means for 3 days next week I have to leave my wife in bed and venture into the dark alone!

greypoint

Promise of snow that arrived! Just hoping for no more and a quick return to rain. Why people like lethal roads and pavements is a mystery to me :(

picsfor

We don't like the lethal roads and pavements,  :(

we do like the photo opportunities it brings  :tup:

oh and some enjoy the extra day off work they get as a result  :tup: :beer:

magicrhodes

Quote from: picsfor on December 18, 2009, 01:40:22 PM
We don't like the lethal roads and pavements,  :(

we do like the photo opportunities it brings  :tup:

oh and some enjoy the extra day off work they get as a result  :tup: :beer:

What he said!!!!!!!  :beer: :beer: :beer:

greypoint

Fortunately I'd booked today as a day off otherwise I'd have had to slither up the pavement walking to work and slither back down later :( Snows OK if you don't have to go out in it unless you want to - I'm glad I put off my grocery delivery to monday though - just hope this lots gone by then or they might not deliver like happened during the last snow - can really do without this lot I'm afraid. You're welcome to it where you are ;)

Oldboy

greypoint

CML-1591

The problem with being at uni, don't think you get a 'snow day' unless the busses stop running...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.