• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 118
  • Total: 118
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

who's going to pick up the new Future publication

Started by spinner, April 20, 2011, 01:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Who's going to grab a copy of the new Practical Photoshop mag? Of course, I don't know if it will even come here to the colonies and if it does, it will be a month or more behind.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

picsfor

didn't even know they were doing a new mag - but wouldn't buy it out of principal.

In fairness, i've pretty much stopped buying mags nowadays. I can't even keep up with recommended reading on the web, let alone in a mag.
With an iPad or similar tablet, you can access all this stuff on the move as well...

spinner

Quote from: picsfor on April 20, 2011, 06:49:48 AM
didn't even know they were doing a new mag - but wouldn't buy it out of principal.

I know what you mean. There's only so many ways you can 'sharpen', 'get the best out of your camera' , 'shoot for summer' , 'shoot for winter', you get my drift. While I certainly hope there's new stuff out there, these magazines do give meaning to 'nothings new under the sun'.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Simple

To keep up with photo fashion and to steal ideas, my colleague and I, are now buying fashion magazines. The other day we were both caught reading a Cosmopolitan and a Vogue. Since we are both 6ft 200lbs blokes, one heavily tattood, some of the female staff thought this to be hilarious. ???

Oldboy

Quote from: Simple on April 21, 2011, 06:33:42 PM
To keep up with photo fashion and to steal ideas, my colleague and I, are now buying fashion magazines. The other day we were both caught reading a Cosmopolitan and a Vogue. Since we are both 6ft 200lbs blokes, one heavily tattood, some of the female staff thought this to be hilarious. ???

It's OK as long as you don't start to wear the dresses!  :-* :-* :legit:

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on April 21, 2011, 10:10:07 PM

It's ok at weekends though. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Malcolm1938

Quote from: Graham on April 22, 2011, 07:40:47 AM

Have you been going to Markeaton Park - Spring weekends were favorite with the pretty frock brigade a few years back when I lived near there. It's a bit disconcerting when about a dozen of them walk into the gents together.
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Graham

Quote from: Malcolm1938 on April 22, 2011, 08:37:20 AM
Quote from: Graham on April 22, 2011, 07:40:47 AM

Have you been going to Markeaton Park - Spring weekends were favorite with the pretty frock brigade a few years back when I lived near there. It's a bit disconcerting when about a dozen of them walk into the gents together.
Not been to Markeaton Park since they started charging for parking!
       Oh yes. Markeaton Park bogs sorry "Gents"...they became quite popular within some circles... so much so that the police had to have them closed down for a year or two.
       Good to see that you remember the nicer parts of the area. ;)
                       Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Malcolm1938

Markeaton was a great park - it was just a few of the users I did not really like. Tea room was good, Pitch and put was fun, Great lake for water birds and superb level walks for arthritic knees. It probably still is a great park but I live 110 miles away now.
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Graham

Quote from: Malcolm1938 on April 22, 2011, 05:35:36 PM
Markeaton was a great park - it was just a few of the users I did not really like. Tea room was good, Pitch and put was fun, Great lake for water birds and superb level walks for arthritic knees. It probably still is a great park but I live 110 miles away now.
Yes, the parks still as you describe it. They now have a "Craft" village where "Crafts people" will sell you useless things made out of other useless things.
     I do believe that there's a very fine honey shop as well. (Cant stand the stuff myself!)

Which leads me to wonder. If bees make honey, why don't earwigs make chutney?

Sorry folks, we appear to have hijacked the thread somewhat. :-[

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

Back on thread....I don't buy mags anymore apart from Amateur Photographer which I subscribe to...I might pick up one if something really caught my eye other than that nope I would rather spend 4 or 5 quid on getting prints done or putting it towards new kit than line futures pockets (or bauers etc)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.