• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

TRIANGLE - CHAT - Weekly Comp 7-13 Nov 2011

Started by Hinfrance, November 06, 2011, 06:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 08, 2011, 10:24:34 AM
Quote from: jinky on November 07, 2011, 06:58:54 PM
Just finished a toblerone last night before I saw this. Back home after 3 weeks away so will try and get a shot for this weeks comp as I am woefully out of touch with CC, flickr, facebook and mankind in general ;)

Welcome home Paul. This retirement lark is just like one long holiday to you, isn't it  :tup:

When I made the observation about triangular chocolate I thought of Toblerone, and you eating the props. Those were the days eh? Mind you, nostalgia's not what it used to be  :)

Yep that`s the intention. My little photography business is suffering though. I turn down as many jobs as I do for being away just now. Sue keeps telling me to remember it`s just to pay for the trips and extras but I have to be around to get them.Doing a handful of free shoots / stock supply has just got me 2 months advertising for free in a local rag so it`s as well I am not out of the country again until February.
Don`t tell me I am the only one who eats the props. In Spain I was asked to ensure I got each tapas as it came in a really nice restaurant in Valencia. Trouble was with the wine and the need to get in quick to get my share I only got the first three out of 8. Ah well - tasted good anyway  :)

Reinardina

Stayed well clear of edible triangles and went for the over the top approach. I'm in with this one, a part of the Carnival building in Southampton. I've given the clear strong lines a nice feminine colour.

Architectural Fantasy.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I'm still trying to think of something to do . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 12, 2011, 07:30:57 AM
I'm still trying to think of something to do . .

You could start by freeing your wife and Barbie. If they're still alive ...

Have a good weekend!

Re.

michaelb104

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Hinfrance

You're lucky jinky didn't get there first . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Delamanda

Oh dear, I'm afraid triangles were not top of my list.  I went out with good intentions this morning and thought I'll easily find a triangle in central London, but got so carried away with the emotion of the day, that I completely forgot.  So, a rather desperate attempt to find something triangular from today's bag.  Will try harder next week :-[

Reinardina

Quote from: Delamanda on November 13, 2011, 10:14:52 PM
Oh dear, I'm afraid triangles were not top of my list.  I went out with good intentions this morning and thought I'll easily find a triangle in central London, but got so carried away with the emotion of the day, that I completely forgot.  So, a rather desperate attempt to find something triangular from today's bag.  Will try harder next week :-[

Seems all of us have been to  a remembrance service. Thank goodness I already had entered my triangle shot. On the 'other site' I actually changed my original entry for one I took after the service.

irv_b

I had a confusing shot of about a million triangles from under the pier at Brighton but thought that the shot I've entered a bit more like it :-\
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

Didn't have a decent shot this week, as we only had one day of sunshine on Sunday. The rest of the week it was dull and cloudy.  :'(

ABERS

Not a triangle in sight I'm afraid, well not any worth photographing. :-\

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on November 15, 2011, 10:35:05 PM
Not a triangle in sight I'm afraid, well not any worth photographing. :-\

I 'shot' an officer on his way to the Remembrance service, whose marching legs made a triangle with the ground. Didn't realise it till I saw Howard's entry; till then I was taking the theme too literally.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.