• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 253
  • Total: 253
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

DSLR Advice

Started by eysha, May 15, 2012, 02:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eysha

You guys have better memories than I. I won't ask for advice again on this. Thanks for the help. E.
Please visit my site at
www.ThekavanaghCollection.co.uk

Oldboy

Quote from: eysha on May 16, 2012, 03:53:01 PM
You guys have better memories than I. I won't ask for advice again on this. Thanks for the help. E.

Ask as much as you want.  :tup:

eysha

Thanks Oldboy, this shows my memory is terrible and that i am very indecisive, lol. Won't embarrass myself again by asking again.
Please visit my site at

donoreo

Quote from: eysha on May 16, 2012, 06:59:16 PM
Thanks Oldboy, this shows my memory is terrible and that i am very indecisive, lol. Won't embarrass myself again by asking again.
Keep asking.   As new models come out with new features the recommendations will change!  However, holding them will remain the same. 

eysha

Will give it a try Donoreo.
Please visit my site at

mondmagu

Browse the shops Eysha,talk to the guys there and give them an idea of what you like to shoot and your budget.Get your hands on a few models,see what suites you best and bite the bullet!!!! You won't regret it.
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

ShawWellPete

I'm on my second Nikon DSLR and have been very happy with both of them. Before that I had a Sony A700 and before that a Minolta 7D. The beauty of the Sony system is that the you can use all the old Minolta lenses and they ALL get VR because the anti-shake is built into the body.

If money is no object then there are many arguments for a Nikon D700 or D800 or a Canon 5D MkII or III or 7D with some of the great lenses made by both manufacturers.

But if you are on a budget I would go for

The latest entry (or one up) level Sony DSLR

And then build up the following lens collection

A Minolta 70-210mm F4 (beer can)
a Minolta 50mm 1.7
a Sigma 24-70 2.8 or 28-70 2.8
a Sigma 10-20mm
Tamrom 90mm macro

All of the above lenses are great value second hand, the beer can can be had for £100 and is amazing value when you consider that on a Sony body it has the equivalent of VR.

There is no way that you can get near that kind of value with Nikon or Canon.

eysha

Many thanks, now that is useful info. Lenses have to be a big consideration and i didn't know that the Sony took Minolta lenses and that Canon and Nikon would be a lot more expensive. That's the kinda info i was looking for so very many thank for that.
Please visit my site at

Oldboy

Quote from: eysha on May 20, 2012, 08:04:16 PM
Many thanks, now that is useful info. Lenses have to be a big consideration and i didn't know that the Sony took Minolta lenses and that Canon and Nikon would be a lot more expensive. That's the kinda info i was looking for so very many thank for that.

Sony took over Minolta so, all Sony DSLR's are Minolta's, as Sony only made compact cameras at the time. The Minolta 70-210mm F4 is one of the best lenses ever made.  ;D

Reinardina

I think my advice in the 'Dilemma' thread, would help you to get better shots, more confidence and experience, and while you're getting that experience, you'll find out what it is exactly, that you want from yourself and your camera. You'll know what to ask, and can get tailored advice.

Go for it girl! And good luck.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.