• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 21
  • Total: 21
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I did a Macrium Reflect image before I started the clean reinstall, now restored my PC to its previous healthy state.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 27, 2019, 07:34:50 PM
I did a Macrium Reflect image before I started the clean reinstall, now restored my PC to its previous healthy state.
Well done. Must be a relief!

anglefire

Waking up with a head ache - had a mild one when I went to bed but took nothing for it. Wish I had as it took a couple of tablets and another 2 hours or so sleep to get it to calm down.

Wouldn't mind, but it wasn't alcohol related.  ::)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Getting visas for a trip to Southern India. Last time we went to India 7/8 years ago the visa system was complex and costly via the Indian Embassy. "Don`t worry said friends - it`s an online e-visa now and really easy. You can always see the British raj influence on Indian admin - way over -manned and complex! Their online service is the same. It asks for all the countries visited in the last 10 years at one stage. You meticulously complete using the drop down options , finish that page , save and submit then it tells you 20 countries maximum so you have to go back. The worst thing was if you`ve visited India before . They want the visa number issued on last visit, where you went and which hotel you lodged as your first stay warning that if you give incorrect answers you may not be allowed in!!! Given that we both went on previous passports it was quite a search for them firs once we`d remembered we ad not just destroyed them. Payment systems were even more fraught with issues and it finally took us over 2 hours to make 2 applications. We wait to see if we did them right and we get visas granted as it takes 72 hours. Meanwhile my wife gets emails saying her submission has been received / edited and saved along the way and I get nothing.  :-\ :doh:

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on January 10, 2020, 10:49:41 AM
. . . then it tells you 20 countries maximum so you have to go back . .

That's just boasting now  ::)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 10, 2020, 03:13:47 PM
Quote from: jinky on January 10, 2020, 10:49:41 AM
. . . then it tells you 20 countries maximum so you have to go back . .

That's just boasting now  ::)

TBH I hadn`t realised how many we`d visited but knew I was enjoying retirement! Thing is if you do a cruise you can visit 3/4  countries in a week. Next stage of visa was to get it granted in less than 24 hours stating it is valid from yesterday until 8th February. We arrive in India on 6th as we told them and don`t leave until 18th. Read it one way and it means they won`t let us in as we exceed the expiry date, read another line and it is valid fro 30 days from entry. I await clarification form the Indian embassy but online has loads of stories about what a crap process i is and how many people have bought worthless visas expiring before their date of travel. Beware if you travel to India!

Oldboy

Went into PCWorld/Dixons in Birmingham to buy a new monitor but, the one I wanted they didn't have even thought they had one on display? Ok I said, then I'll have a copy of Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition. They have dummy boxes on display but we have to go downstairs to get a copy out of the security cupboard. He looks in the cupboard then turns to me and said, "we don't have any"! No wonder the British high street is failing if they are all like this!  >:(

jinky

Why are you paying for Windows 10? If it`s an upgrade from 7 you can still get it for free according to Shelfy that used to be on here who used this link a few days ago to upgrade.
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/windows-7-done-heres-how-to-get-windows-10-for-free/?fbclid=IwAR2St1g7pSk9yvD0IH-YCcTcX1HpD9KsL5mAE4JT1uR4LbnrqFx_hIsUjjU

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on January 15, 2020, 09:18:51 AM
Why are you paying for Windows 10? If it`s an upgrade from 7 you can still get it for free according to Shelfy that used to be on here who used this link a few days ago to upgrade.
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/windows-7-done-heres-how-to-get-windows-10-for-free/?fbclid=IwAR2St1g7pSk9yvD0IH-YCcTcX1HpD9KsL5mAE4JT1uR4LbnrqFx_hIsUjjU

I have one PC with Windows 3.1 and Dos 6, One laptop with Windows XP, one tablet with Vista, one main PC with Vista which is screwed up, one tablet PC with Vista, one main PC with Windows 10 updated from Windows 8.1. This one is screwed up after I removed AOL desktop after TalkTalk stopped support for it without telling me. Yes, I did do a full backup using the option in Windows 10 but couldn't restore it. Checked the internet only to find out it was a known problem with Windows 10! Still I could have used restore to undo changes but Windows 10 deletes this after you log off! I have a Stream netbook with Windows 10 but it's the S version, so can't use it to restore full Windows 10. I have to use the screwed up Windows 10 PC in safe mode for Photoshop. I have the full version of Microsoft Office Professional also on the PC but can't use it now because it needs to connect to the internet to confirm I have a paid up legal copy. You have an option to select safe mode with networking but it doesn't work!

Can't we go back to Windows XP which backed up any changes you made on the sly and could be restored back no problem. It was also one of Microsoft's most stable operating systems.  >:(

Hinfrance

Well, apart from the fact that I'm not well at the moment and that Windows has had another two uninvited goes at trying and failing to install 1903 on my desktop, Adobe. For some reason it had decided that both my laptop and desktop PCs were no longer registered to run LR or Photoshop, even though I used Photoshop on my desktop yesterday. Rant over.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

I got mine updated to 1909 yesterday. Went with no issues and nothing has stopped working yet.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Mick

Quote from: anglefire on January 26, 2020, 01:44:01 PM
I got mine updated to 1909 yesterday. Went with no issues and nothing has stopped working yet.

Nice one Mark.  Seems we are having more luck with this update than Howard is for some reason.  Not sure what's happening there, must be a hardware compatibility thing.   I have four systems here, two laptops, and two desktops all updated and running 1909 without problems.  Only thing I couldn't really get on with was the Edge browser, it just ate resources, and set my cooling fans spinning very fast after a few minutes use.  Been like this from the very start of Windows 10 for me.

A couple of days ago I downloaded and installed the New Chromium based Edge browser, and have to say I'm very impressed, seems very fast, and works flawlessly so far.  It will be rolling out in Windows update soon, but if you want to download it now you can, https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4501095/download-the-new-microsoft-edge-based-on-chromium

Oh, and as always, don't blame me if it screws you computer up.  :legit:

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

anglefire

Just installed it. And using it now. Actually, initial impressions are good - unlike the original Edge which didn't jell with me for some reason!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

It simply won't install on my PC. I ran the update with all but the C drive and everything except the graphics card, mouse and keyboard removed. Made absolutely no difference, still fell over with the same uselessly uninformative error code. I simply don't have the time to do clean reinstall at the moment, so I am stuck with 1803 for the foreseeable. Laptop still on 1903.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

kevin-64

why cant i upload any pictures

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.