• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Baidu
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

GLASSY-CHAT-Weekly Comp 24-31/01/2016

Started by Hinfrance, January 24, 2016, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

GLASSY - Weekly Competition 24th to 31st January 2016

This is the CHAT thread.

The ENTRIES thread is HERE

This week's subject is GLASSY. That is to say either featuring glass itself in any of its guises, or something else like ice or clear acrylic that has glass like properties.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 31st January 2016, 23:59.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 25th January 2016.
Poll will be up Tuesday 1st February 2016.
Winner to be announced Saturday 6th February 2016.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Glassy eyed? In which case a selfie would do it, as I'm struggling to get a 'white' image from my laundry!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on January 24, 2016, 02:14:17 PM
Glassy eyed? In which case a selfie would do it, as I'm struggling to get a 'white' image from my laundry!

Washing powder not good enough.......... :P

Hinfrance

Managed to get a picture for this week's subject. Will edit it tomorrow.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Totally forgotten about the competition. Sorry.

Reinardina

Quote from: Reinardina on January 31, 2016, 07:59:34 PM
Totally forgotten about the competition. Sorry.

After entering the above post, I desperately tried to photograph some glassy things around the house.

I have very attractive acrylic hall lights, but they came out all metallic looking, rather than see through 'glassy.'

I ended up taking a shot of the window, that was hammered by the rain. Dismissed it out of hand, as it was rather unsharp (hand held), reflected the living room in an intrusive way, and did not look like anything at all.

However, waiting to go out this morning (dentist), I played around with it a bit, and found it strangely appealing, so I will enter it, if only to make up the numbers.

This is it:

Window

jinky

I took some shots yesterday - just a case of getting time to make them look at all presentable in an edit as a mixed bag. Time short due to sudden loss of front tooth crown - why does stuff like this happen just before you are going away!!! Wouldn`t be so bad with our old dentist who would fit me in immediately but the new hi tech young guy is never so accommodating and will try to talk me into a £1000 implant first when I get in even if it is repairable because he just does!  >:(

Hinfrance

Sorry to hear about the tooth Paul. There is no doubt that modern dental practices are equiped with machines that can see right down to your wallet  ;D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

You`re not wrong there H! He decided to go for a double whammy - patch up until I am back and then cut away some gum and build the tooth up for replacement crown on post but no guarantees. Then when that fails he can charge me for the implant he`d prefer!

In the meantime no time to play but here`s my glass effort
Glass Refraction - but never use metallic paper as a background!

oggalily

Sorry to hear about your tooth jinky.  Hope the temporary work doesn't give you any trouble while you are away.

Here's my effort courtesy of my daughter's sea glass collection.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.