• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 15
  • Total: 15
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 09, 2021, 07:45:50 AM
Not annoyed, saddened.

Father in law died yesterday evening, after going down hill very quickly.

Upshot, we have to get ourselves over to the UK as soon as we can get through all the Covid bollocks, even though we are all vaccinated. I shall, therefore, probably be off grid for a while.
So sorry for your loss H. Condolences to you and yours

Oldboy

Not annoyed, saddened.

Sorry to hear that. It might be hard at present but later you can take comfort from the fact he didn't suffer as much as he could have done. Just remember the good times you had with him.  :(

Jediboy

Not annoyed, saddened.

Upshot, we have to get ourselves over to the UK as soon as we can get through all the Covid bollocks, even though we are all vaccinated. I shall, therefore, probably be off grid for a while.

Sorry to hear this H.
Thinking of you and your family.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Thanks for the kind thoughts all.

I will get an entry in for this weeks' challenge and will be able to do the poll on Tuesday, but after that I will be fully involved in the aftermath, and so probably won't be on the interwebs too much for a while.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

Sorry to hear this H - It was a year last Wednesday that my Dad died and had to get to Germany where he and my Mum were on holiday. So thoughts with you especially as my father-in-law died 3 weeks or so before my dad.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 10, 2021, 04:18:41 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts all.

I will get an entry in for this weeks' challenge and will be able to do the poll on Tuesday, but after that I will be fully involved in the aftermath, and so probably won't be on the interwebs too much for a while.

If it helps H I can do the poll on Tuesday.

Chris

Hinfrance

Thanks for the offer Chris, that's very kind of you. I will have time to do it, so you can relax :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 12, 2021, 03:05:12 PM
Thanks for the offer Chris, that's very kind of you. I will have time to do it, so you can relax :)

Relax? Whats that??
Cheers H, let me know if anything changes.  :tup:

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on September 13, 2021, 09:43:13 AM

Relax? Whats that??

When you sit down to watch the tele then, fall asleep.  :D

Jediboy

Sounds like i need to apply for permission to do such a thing!! ;)

Chris

Hinfrance

Probably the same thing annoying most of you, but . . . panic buying of fuel.

It is my father in law's funeral on Wednesday. I have to collect his grandaughter from university for the ceremony, and then get her back. We were in London (by train, obviously) on business when the panicking started and since then, more than 48 hours now, there has been no fuel in Andover at all, not one drop. I had 1/3rd of a tank and tried 8 different service stations, but had to stop so that I would just about be able to make the necessary journeys without any top up, but that's it. I won't have enough left over to go around looking for more.

Today, because we needed some supplies and because we cannot afford to use even a few litres before the funeral, we took the bus into Andover - but there is no bus back (seriously - only one bus back which returns before the last one (two a day) out leaves), the taxi firm has no diesel either, so we had to carry our shopping as we walked the 5 miles home.

We have no other transport as we are away from home - no bicycles for example. I really don't need this crap at my age.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

Its a total joke - I did get some yestersay in the end by driving to the motorway services near Bromsgrove (Hopewood) was a bit of a queue but was done in about 15minutes. I was down to 50miles left and had to be in Liverpool for work today - 240mile round trip - which in its self was fun in the rain going up and the traffic coming back - three separate big smashes - two north. One a truck had hit another truck and wiped out the LHS of his cab - I'm going to guess driving too close or not paying attention.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Glad you managed to get enough fuel Mark. I took daughter to uni on Sunday and there was no fuel at all at the motorway and dual carriageway services. One of the reasons why we are so low. Without having to do the funeral runs we would have enough for at least another week. Although we would like to visit friends while we are in the UK, and that would involve driving.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Sorry you`re having so much aggro H. Luckily we got back from a trip down south with an empty tank and pulled into Morrisons fuel to fill up just as they decided to shut the 24 hour forecourt. They`d had reports of people going around stealing it from 24 hour stations in gerrycans! Having been playing music throughout the journey we had no idea that it has all started!

Oldboy

Hope you find enough fuel for your needs.  :tup:

I hear drivers of electric cars have been driving around with smug smiles on their faces.  8)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.