• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 89
  • Total: 89
  • Google
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Favourite lens

Started by chris@seary.com, December 17, 2009, 01:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris@seary.com

Probably changes from time to time for everyone.

During the summer, my zoom lenses come out to play. Don't use them much during the winter, with their slow 2.8/3.5/5.6 widest apertures.

My current total favourite is the 35mm 1.8 Nikkor DX. I seem to shoot everything with it, especially when I use the Nikon D90 to shoot videos during the Xmas season.

I like it for:

• street photography
    low light shooting
    self-portraits
    family shots

What's your favourite lens, and why?

Oldboy

Well my favourite lens is the Nikon 70-200mm F2.8 VR, as it give me good reach and putting a 1.4 or 2x converter gives me 280mm or 400mm, which covers most situations for wildlife. I also love the Nikon 24-70mm F2.8, which covers wide-angle to portrait and is usually in my bag.  ;D

nickt

The lens I have on the camera all the time is the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8. I find it to be a versatile lens. I was going to get the 24-70mm f/2.8 recently but was persuaded otherwise by various people on here saying I wouldn't benefit that much from it.
Nick

anglefire

I don't have a favourite as such. I use the lens needed for what ever I'm taking pictures of!

In the summer, my favourite was one that I don't even own - actually it was two! Neither that I own!

Canon EF300mm f2.8IS and Sigma 120-300mm f2.8.

Other than that, then I've probably used my 17-40 the most this year.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

I'm in the 'don't have a favourite corner'

The lens that spends the most time on the front is the 24-105 i suppose...

oRGie

Haven't taken the ef-s15-85is of the seven since I got it, its the best lens I have owned :)

But I really love the versatility of the ef-s18-200is and no doubt come warmer weather I will use it again. I do fancy selling it to get a 70-200L but not just yet, if I can I will get a 70-200 and keep the 18-200 for the time being as its just so handy and IQ is as good as I could expect from such a long focul range.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.