• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat for Weekly Comp - Frost/ Frosted 4-11th January

Started by picsfor, January 09, 2010, 11:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Forgot to add this in - though this does seem a moot subject choice!
In the event that i win again because no one else submits an entry - next weeks theme will be "Not a Robin" - that is any subject except a Robin bird, Cock Robin, Robin Reliant or a person called Robin!

oRGie

Not much in the way of frost here, I do have a box of Frosties, but that was ruled out  :2funny:  I was thinking of mowing the lawn, but decided to enjoy the sunshine instead  :beer:  I do really miss the snow, I know I would probably be fed up with it by now if I was there, but watching the news reminds me of the best snow I saw there back in the 80's....  I used to ride my motorbike to work evey day, one day I tried to stop at a junction, slid over and straight across the junction, luckily nothing was coming the other way.

I was going to take a pic of some ice, but thats not really frost :)   still, should be plenty of entries from you UK peeps ;)

picsfor

i did give you the option of frosted glass or similar to play with because i was aware that not every where is suffering like us.
No frosted glass in the bathroom or doors around where you like? Oddly enough - some food out of a freezer is frosted before frozen!
But the Frosties box was too easy - though Frosties i suppose might be a different kettle of fish! Or a food with frosting for decoration.

I'm trying to give you ideas here! Though i suspect most in the UK have a supply of possible entries - just waiting to see if they can improve upon them...

oRGie

Its not a problem Andrew, I understand what your saying, just dont think it would compete with shots of the UK..  usually I try to enter a pic, at least to keep numbers up, but I did expect to see quite a few entries allready. Looking forward to them actually  :tup:

Delamanda

Not all of the UK is under a white photographic blanket of snow.  :(  Central London is just cold - perhaps it's too cold for snow.  Therefore a little help from the deep freeze was required to find an entry this week.

picsfor

Has any one thought about a 'frosty look' from the other half - you know the sort you get when you do stupidly say "yes your bum does look big in that!"  ::) ;D

Delamanda

Quote from: picsfor on January 10, 2010, 11:18:13 AM
Has any one thought about a 'frosty look' from the other half - you know the sort you get when you do stupidly say "yes your bum does look big in that!"  ::) ;D

He wouldn't dare ... ;)

picsfor

just seen Tringles entry of iced oak - any one gonna be childish and do 'iced ink'?  :D ::) :legit:

jinky

I left a flower out all night in the snow to ice up and yes - early this morning a slow thaw started so not quite what I was looking for!

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on January 10, 2010, 02:03:06 PM
I left a flower out all night in the snow to ice up and yes - early this morning a slow thaw started so not quite what I was looking for!

How cruel! I hope you are reported to the RHS!!!!  ::)  :2funny:

picsfor

Quote from: Oldboy on January 10, 2010, 05:22:47 PM
Quote from: jinky on January 10, 2010, 02:03:06 PM

How cruel! I hope you are reported to the RHS!!!!  ::)  :2funny:

But no animals or children were hurt in the making of that picture.  :tup:

jinky

And to be fair it was the mildest night we have had in ages  ;)
But I won`t do it again - you`ve nipped my bad behaviour in the bud petal  :)

picsfor

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.