• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 118
  • Total: 118
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Exhibition

Started by ABERS, March 22, 2010, 07:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

If you are in the Richmond, kingston area over Easter you may wish to spend an hour visiting the Richmond and Twickenham P.S. Annual Exhibition in Teddington.

See http://www.rtps.org.uk/rtps-06/main/exhibition2010.html

Close to the River Thames at Teddington Locks there are plenty of photo opportunities both upsteam towards Kingston and downstream towards Richmond.

Suggested itinerary, train to Kingston (Sandy the Telephone Box sculpture/installation), leisurly stroll downstream to Teddington locks, 1.5 miles, lunch at the Anglers Pub. Visit the exhibition, some 300 pictures. Back to the towpath, continue downstream to Richmond past Ham Fields, Ham House, Petersham Meadows.Richmond Terrace for the unbeatable views back along the Thames, Richmond Station, back home.

If you make it a midweek trip, I shall be stewarding between 12-3pm Thursday 8th April.

If anyone decides to visit at any time, let me know via p.m and I'll try and meet you there.

picsfor

that's got to be done i think...
Even if it's just to get Sandy her picture of the telephone boxes  :tup:

minky_monkey

Sounds like a plan!

It`s a bit far for me to travel though.....

:D

Eileen

Sounds good to me. I have a good deal to free time that weekend and will definitely come by.  :)

picsfor

are we talking quickly arranged meet Eileen? And Sandy?

Eileen

Sounds good to me! Saturday is the only day I definitely can't make. Otherwise happy to fit with others' plans. :)

picsfor

just need to check transport over the weekend to Teddington because they'll doubtless be loads of engineering works with it being Easter!

So - i'll set up a thread in the meets section.

minky_monkey

Quote from: picsfor on March 23, 2010, 01:26:47 PM
just need to check transport over the weekend to Teddington because they'll doubtless be loads of engineering works with it being Easter!

So - i'll set up a thread in the meets section.

There`s a major rail bridge at Norbiton being replaced soon (I think over the easter holiday)

picsfor

Thanks for that info Martin. Can you believe only 1 route is going to be affected over Easter - and guess which one it is?
Yep - trains to Shepperton via Kingston and Teddington.
I don't know that part of London well enough to know of alternate routes or how close other stations are.
suggestions from any one in the know would be appreciated.

Eileen

You can get the District line tube to/from Richmond. And from Clapham Junction you can get a train and bus combination to Kingston. Different options depending on timing and so on (see the link below to the Transport for London Journey Planner for more). So travel shouldn't be a significant problem (hopefully that's not tempting fate!). The main thing I think is to fix a date and plan from there. Having said I can't do Saturday I might be able to change my arrangements with enough notice, if that day is better for others.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

minky_monkey

Just to throw a spanner in the works (from my point of view)......

I definitely won`t be available for either Saturday 3rd/8th I`ve been prebooked for those days for ages.

minky_monkey

Easiest route in?

Waterloo to surbiton, jump on a 71/281 bus outside the station. You`ll be in kingston town centre in five minutes.

picsfor

What about the Friday? Good Friday - how does that sound for a day?
either that or Easter Monday cos Sunday is gonna be chaos and Saturday is the day of football and other sports...

irv_b

Sounds like something I could well be interested in  :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.