• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

DCM Canon v Nikon

Started by stevebedder, March 12, 2009, 10:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevebedder

Has anyone read the Canon vs Nikon head to head in DCM this month?

The 50D doesn't come out of it too well which I was quite suprised about but glad I read it as I was thinking of investing in one and upgrading from the 10D that I've got.

Not sure what to go for now  :-\

(still need to persuede the wife though that a new camera is as important as the weekly shop!)

Steve

Mick

Steve, haven't read it myself.  I have however read the 31 page review of the 50D at dpreview,

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos50d/

Based on that, I'd either find a 40D, or go Nikon.   :o
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

My neighbour has just bought a D50 to go with his other two earlier Canons - not sure which models they are. He does wildlife photography mainly. But I digress, having see the results he is producing I can't see anything amiss with the D50 as used in the 'real world'. He's certainly very happy with it.

I'm a Pentax boy (K10D and K20D) because I like the 'made of girders' approach Pentax have to camera bodies. Also the French testers are far more technical, even more so than the DP Review site, and last year Chasseur D'Images had the K20D as their highest scoring 'budget' DSLR.

I know that DCM always harp on about the lack of sharpness and chromatic aberration with the Pentax kit lens - but the lens scores higher than the 18-105 kit Nikon and the Canon kit 18-55, and the same as the Nikon 18-55 kit item in the French lab tests - trust me they go on for pages . . and certainly I have never been able to spot any CA at all from either of the kit lenses that came with my two bodies.

If I had the money I'd spend it on a range of decent lenses, but the lottery never seems to come my way somehow . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Alfonso_Frisk

For info
Howard is actually referring to the can 50D
and not the superior Nikon D50 ;D ;D ;D
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hinfrance

Why can't they put all the numbers and letters in the same order? Life's too complicated for us old folks.

Sorry, don't know much about expensive cameras  :D ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on March 13, 2009, 11:16:31 AM
For info
Howard is actually referring to the can 50D
and not the superior Nikon D50 ;D ;D ;D

Hey Alf, surely you got the words muddled up, it should have read,

and the superior Nikon D50 ;D ;D ;D not:D  :legit:

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.