• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 79
  • Total: 79
  • Google
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

getting really annoyed now. Self assessment all done bar one section where I want advice on what happens with gear I have left that I have been claiming an allowance on through tax. Added to that 2 glitches in self assessment online sections that did not even apply led to 3 calls to HMRC. A combined waiting time of over an hour for each call left me resolving the glitches as I waited and re: the final query now awaiting a call back from "Gareth" as no-one knows what I should be doing. Internet searches tell me I should be paying something back for them at ebay values but HMRC are not sure how / if I should do it. He seems to be saying they have no value (which I`ll like) and is supposedly calling me back in 2/3 minutes. I`m guessing what will happen!!!
Later edit.
Amazingly Gareth rang back with the answers. Having been prepared to pay a small tax bill having raised the issue of value of left over assets he advised which sections to complete with what and I now seem due a tax rebate! This can not be right but if Gareth says so... Hope this does not come back to bit me!

anglefire

A friend of mine has been self employed for more years than I can think of, and always said that when you speak to the HMRC, that they are really helpful and will try and ensure you include all the things to reduce the tax bill.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Quote from: anglefire on February 06, 2016, 09:01:26 AM
A friend of mine has been self employed for more years than I can think of, and always said that when you speak to the HMRC, that they are really helpful and will try and ensure you include all the things to reduce the tax bill.

I think the problem is that so many who complain start doing their online return around 28/ 30th Januray and then complain when they canno0t get through!

Oldboy

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

SimonW

Rain and Wind - what's new? I went to a Chinese New Year celebration today. Very low turnout due to the weather. The K-S2 is water-resistant, which has been very useful this winter. Even so my only shot was of a wet and bedraggled Dragon.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Alfonso_Frisk

Not just today but the last week or so.
Firefox throwing up all sorts of errors and security warnings.

Today it is telling me at least 50% of my bookmarked sites are insecure including google, facebook, yahoo mail.
Going down the pan fast is Firefox  :doh: :doh:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

SimonW

I use Firefox and haven't seen it doing this. But while using it my Kaspersky security keeps putting up similar warnings: "Cannot guarantee the authenticity of this site". My Yahoo mail and Telegraph newspaper are the worst affected. I guess the warning is safe to ignore except perhaps if you get it while visiting an unfamiliar site.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on February 07, 2016, 08:04:01 AM
Not just today but the last week or so.
Firefox throwing up all sorts of errors and security warnings.

Today it is telling me at least 50% of my bookmarked sites are insecure including google, facebook, yahoo mail.
Going down the pan fast is Firefox  :doh: :doh:

Funny enough, logging on to AOL via Microsoft's Edge causes MacAfee to show a warning message!  ???

This doesn't happen when logging onto AOL via AOL!  :uglystupid2:

Alfonso_Frisk

It would not even let me proceed and add an exception.
I have refreshed  firefox via their website.
This removes my addblocker add on and my homepage changes to their default.

Had to this a week or so ago when another update was applied.
Prior to this FF would not allow attachments to be added to my yahoo mail so I had to use IE.

Seems one bug after another lately with FF. I suspect its a W10 issue
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hinfrance

Firefox is referred to over on El Reg as being from 'bugzilla'. I use Opera, which has a Chrome engine under the hood. Not had too many problems with that.

Today's problem is that Topaz keeps on crashing. At first I thought it was because of the latest PS update, but it's doing it with Photoplus too.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Had issues with others especially playing an online golf game and someone in US suggested Maxthon. Great browser and the only one that works flawlessly with WGT golf game

Hinfrance

500px. Had a photo of daisies and a tea cup rejected for marketplace for the following reason "All visible branding and registration numbers must be removed from buildings, clothing, sporting equipment, store fronts, boats, trains, vehicles, and animal tags (e.g cows) before re-uploading your photo for commercial licensing. (#005)".

The picture has no branding (although part of a generic label saying 'infusion camomille' is visible) and no image of any of the items listed. There is no appeal, and no 'contact us' available. B*st*rds.

500px can stick their site where the sun never shines.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 10, 2016, 08:10:10 AM
500px. Had a photo of daisies and a tea cup rejected for marketplace for the following reason "All visible branding and registration numbers must be removed from buildings, clothing, sporting equipment, store fronts, boats, trains, vehicles, and animal tags (e.g cows) before re-uploading your photo for commercial licensing. (#005)".

The picture has no branding (although part of a generic label saying 'infusion camomille' is visible) and no image of any of the items listed. There is no appeal, and no 'contact us' available. B*st*rds.

500px can stick their site where the sun never shines.

'infusion camomille' is probably seen as a trademark or similar. I bet a computer throws out anything that has letters on.

Reinardina

What has been annoying me for ages, and the annoyance is repeated day after day, is the celebrity cult.

Nothing seems to be news worthy, if not a celebrity is involved somewhere. And I have never heard of most of them.

It has been going on for at least a decade, as I remember writing a nonsense poem about the phenomenon, in my creative writing days (2000-2005).
It was called 'One hit wonder,' but sadly, they seem to be much longer lived these days, artificially kept alive, long past their 'best before' date.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.