• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

It's kind of been sorted Chris - she has been allowed to submit her answers on paper - technology eh?

UCAS appllication is in - fingers crossed now until possibly the end of May next year which is the last date that the Unis can offer or decline :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Technology is great when it's working, but a huge headache when it's not.
Hopefully everything will work out.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

All's well and all that. Less than 48 hours after daughter put her UCAS application in she has had an offer from one of her top two choices - it's a conditional offer but with a low bar. To say she is excited is the understatement of the year.  :dance:

The world of STEM will next year have an undergraduate studying for her masters is physics and astrophysics. Bazinga!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

It's a great time to be doing Physics as a lot of exciting research is going on.  :tup:

Jediboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 03, 2018, 07:33:03 AM
All's well and all that. Less than 48 hours after daughter put her UCAS application in she has had an offer from one of her top two choices - it's a conditional offer but with a low bar. To say she is excited is the understatement of the year.  :dance:

The world of STEM will next year have an undergraduate studying for her masters is physics and astrophysics. Bazinga!

Good stuff. She has clearly done very well.

Chris

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

anglefire

Our boiler. Keeps refusing to fire up. The flame detector is not detecting. Give it a clean and it will generally work - but this time it seems to be refusing. The only good this is that it wasn't last week when I was in the USA. Got the plumber coming out again this evening to have a look.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

I ordered a variable ND filter from amazon. But a circular polariser arrived today. Now I have to take it back to the post office to send it back. Not amused.

Chris

Simple

I played around with one for a while. I was not impressed. It left a visible pattern on the picture with small apertures. Let me know if you have more success. I gave mine away as being useless. Cannot remember what make it was.

Hinfrance

I din't know such a thing existed. So now I've ordered a Fotga to have a play with. Less than a tenner and they have some good reviews (and some bad ones) on Youtube. Got to be worth a punt.

Allegedly the Haida ones are very good, and if I have some fun with the cheapy I might upgrade to one of them.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Simple

Let me know how you get on Howard. The idea is superb, but the cheap one did not work for me. Never did dare to spend more.

Hinfrance

Quote from: Simple on October 21, 2018, 10:40:32 AM
Let me know how you get on Howard. The idea is superb, but the cheap one did not work for me. Never did dare to spend more.

Of course, it'll be a few weeks, Chinapost you know.

Just found Typhoto - US company and the ND steps are by click stops which means, in theory, it's easy to avoid the dark cross pattern from getting the filter in between stops. Not the cheapest but free international shipping and should be below customs threshold.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Simple

Good find! Never seen a stepped one. I am tempted myself again for that price.

Hinfrance

Quote from: Simple on October 21, 2018, 11:16:07 AM

If you get one, do tell. I'm going to play with the Fotga to see if I like the principle - should be OK to get an idea of how to use the things.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 21, 2018, 03:58:11 PM
Quote from: Simple on October 21, 2018, 11:16:07 AM

If you get one, do tell. I'm going to play with the Fotga to see if I like the principle - should be OK to get an idea of how to use the things.

I bought one of the following a few years ago, gave some horrid colour tints throught the range
https://www.7dayshop.com/products/hama-variable-adjustable-neutral-density-lens-filter-nd1-to-nd8-52mm-wh2-79152
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.