• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 26
  • Total: 26
  • Baidu
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Flickr.
As I hardly touch a camera these days, I have given up my paid for subscription to Flickr.
I do however pop in regularly (not often), when someone 'faves' one of my shots.

For some reason, my password seems to be continually 'invalidated,' as I cannot sign in. I have had a host of passwords by now and am running out of ideas for new ones. I always send myself an email with the new password, so as not to forget it. I know I use the correct, latest, version, but yet again, I cannot get access.

Has anyone the same experience? Does anyone know what is going on? Does Yahoo not like people who are not constantly on their sites? Or could it be the fact, I dared to go back to the free version?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

I had a similar experience when I went back after a lengthy absence. Ended up going through some complicated set up to check user name and change password that took ages.

Oldboy

Haven't been on flick'r for ages.  :o

Reinardina

It is not me then.

I bet neither of you will be able to log in again!

Jediboy

I had forgotten all about Flickr until I read this.....
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Mick

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Thanks Mick.
I tried to log in, but my log in page does not look like the ones in these articles. Maybe it is early days yet.
Decided not to try it, as it would probably mean yet another passwoord.

May try again, if/when I feel the 'urge.'

I suppose Flickr is losing its appeal, if none of you are regulars anymore.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on April 16, 2020, 08:47:47 AM
Thanks Mick.

I suppose Flickr is losing its appeal, if none of you are regulars anymore.

I stopped posting when I found out some users were copying other peoples photos and claiming them as their work and some even sold them for profit.  >:(

Jediboy

Just had a sobering and disappointing conversation with an orthopaedic surgeon about my wrist.

I broke it about 17 years ago whilst at work, was told by a Dr it was just a sprain and didn't need an X-Ray. Turns out it was broken. One broken bone is now three, I have arthritis, have been living with it for years, and my ulna is being pushed out of place. I'm in quite a lot of pain and have very limited movement.
They are talking about fusing the bones and making it one solid joint, which is quite a daunting prospect.

And they have no idea when they can do this due to the current situation. And my boss still wants me to work 10 hours a day!! Despite me telling him I am in constant pain.  >:(

Chris

Oldboy

Sorry about your broken wrist. It's about the worse bones you can break due to the multi movement of the wrist. And, of course, we use our hands all the time. I fell over years ago and cracked my little finger bone. Never went to the doctors and it healed but left me with a bump on the inner-side. The only problem I've ever had was when I brought a tight fitting pair of winter mitts and I had to cut down the side of the glove, as I couldn't fit it over the bulge.  :tup:

jinky

Sorry to hear that jediboy. These old injuries are a nuisance when they lead to other things. I severed an anterior cruciate ligament in my leg many years ago. Didn`t have the operation to repair as I was told I could manage without it if I gave up football and tennis and my wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time. Now my left knee is crunching with bone on bone arthritis and my right knee ligaments have strained due to me transferring weight to that side. I was Ok until lockdown as gym exercises strengthened my quads but really struggling now. At least one knee to be done some time soon!   :(

anglefire

My father in law had his wrist fused some years back due to arthritis.  He can't do a few things -  but other health issues impede him more these days. ??
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

Jinky, that sounds awful. I hope it's not too bad and you can get it sorted soon.
It seems that quite a few people have old niggles and injuries that cause problems.
I'm 44 and have a job that require a certain amount of dexterity so hoping if it is fused I can still do my job.
Cheers gents.

Chris

Jediboy

And you're right Oldboy. Our hands are always in use.
As long as I can hold my camera I'll be OK. Or maybe treat myself to a new tripod or monopod.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on May 28, 2020, 08:59:41 PM
And you're right Oldboy. Our hands are always in use.
As long as I can hold my camera I'll be OK. Or maybe treat myself to a new tripod or monopod.

Or get the wife to hold it!!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.