• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 67
  • Total: 67
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Derren Brown and the lottery

Started by Jonathan, September 10, 2009, 07:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Go on, what's your theory?

I'll be disappointed if it's a conjuring trick though I suspect it must be (writing on the balls after the draw or whatever).  I rather hoped he just tricked me into believing he'd predicted it when he hadn't (if he wrote down a different set of numbers and convinced me I had just seen them drawn) but the papers don't seem to back this one up.

One thing's for sure.  He didn't predict them - so how did he do it?
It's Guest's round

nickt

Haven't got a clue. Just have to watch on Friday.
Nick

hevans

Didn't see it. But as he didn't announce the numbers before they were drawn, it would be a conjuring trick.

Most elegant method would be to have a time machine.

H.

picsfor

Jonathan

Quote from: picsfor on September 10, 2009, 09:08:16 AM
Who's Derren Brown?

When you have 49 minutes, go watch The Heist (about half way down here).

It's EITHER a cheap and pointless hoax by the guy who damaged his brand with the Russian Roulette thing OR the most amazing piece of mind control ever shown on television.  You decide.  Because short of believing or not there's really no way to tell.
It's Guest's round

Malcolm1938

I did not see it - but if you could predict the lottery would you brag about it or would you win it - I know where I stand.

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

greypoint

Anyone remember Horace Batchelor on Radio Luxembourg??

Oldboy

John Doyle2

Gordon Brown's new chancellor maybe?

greypoint

He lived in K E Y N S H A M.   I seem to remember :2funny:

CML-1591

Quote from: CannOffice on September 10, 2009, 10:31:42 AM
I did not see it - but if you could predict the lottery would you brag about it or would you win it - I know where I stand.

Good point, but do it every year with the euro lottery or the main ones.

Did anyone claim that £146m last week or the other week?
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Trickee

i am going to guess that his balls are wireless digital displays that someone has keyed in as the draw took place :)

anglefire

I actually quite like Derren Brown.

I suspect that although he will reveal all on Friday, I also suspect that we can't actually work out how he does it!

After the live show, there was a repeat of a previous show where he principly did two things. One was to read people - faces, body language etc and the other was to remember lots of stuff - like the Greater London A-Z.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

Paul Daniels was quoted on Radio today as saying there were 99 different ways of achieving that result.

As for "who is Derren Brown?" - have bumped into him once. I've never been to see one of his shows, nor am i likely to!
But that's a personal choice...

Jonathan

Quote from: picsfor on September 10, 2009, 06:57:36 PM
Paul Daniels was quoted on Radio today as saying there were 99 different ways of achieving that result.

Yeah he said that to anybody who would listen before the stunt too.  I wonder if any ex magician has ever sounded so bitter and sad.  "I could have done that.  If I'd thought of it."

Even now we know what the trick looked like there are loads of ways he could have done it.  But it's a very clever piece of entertainment.  Especially as a trailer for his new series.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.