• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 244
  • Total: 244
  • Google
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Graphic Tablets

Started by michaelb104, April 18, 2011, 12:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelb104

I was reading about graphic tablets in a magazine over the weekend but it didn't give much insight into using them.

Does anybody use them for PPing photos?

How much easier than a mouse and keyboard are they to use?
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

OwinThomas

Mike, I have the Wacom Intuos 3 which I did use quite a bit when I got it, not as much these days. It takes a bit of getting used to, but when you do you will find it more accurate in PP'ing images.

You can also use it instead of the mouse for other software, operating system etc.

A great bit of kit to try out, if you can get your hands on one. I think Wacom does a cheaper consumer version called the Bamboo, which although cheaper still allows you to get the feel of using a pen and tablet.

Beryl

I also have a G tablet. I can use it instead of a mouse . It is easier to use for graphics . Have to agree with Owin  :tup:
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Jonathan

Quote from: michaelb104 on April 18, 2011, 12:44:10 PM

Yes.

About 48.376 million percent.  Roughly.
It's Guest's round

skellum

I use a pen tablet all the time for editing but it  can be a bit of a pain when you need to write something down and you forget what is in your hand and vise versa  :uglystupid2:  I am forever wipeing ink of the tablet.

Colin

Once you have got used to using a tablet for editing you won't use a mouse again. Don't give up on it, it really is worth the effort. Also if you are just editing photos you will probably find that the A4 tablet is too big, I use an A6 one and it is great I sold the A4 one as it was a pain to use on photos YMMV.

michaelb104

Thanks for all the replies, I'll have to see if I can get my hands on one and give them a go.

Jonathan, could you be a little more accurate with your percentage please  ;) ;D

Cheers
Mike

Jonathan

>> Once you have got used to using a tablet for editing you won't use a mouse again.

Actually I still use a mouse.  7 button mouse is much quicker for web and computer use.  Tablet for editing.  RPG keys under my left hand..... :)
It's Guest's round

jinky

I got an Aldi special mini tablet for £16 and have to say t is superb for editing. Got it as I wantd to make sure I could use oe without spending megabucks and cannot see a reason for upgrading now as it does all  needand is a nice size for working.

michaelb104

I didn't realise you could get them so cheap, I'm going to have to see if I can find one  :)
Mike

I was reading about graphic tablets in a magazine over the weekend but it didn't give much insight into using them.
That's not surprising. If it's not Canon or Nikon, or the lens isn't housed in a white coated thing, magazines aren't overly concerned.
Yep.
Trying writing your signature using your mouse.

Cathus

I started off with a small tablet, now have a Wacom 4 XL, love the fact that you can programme the extra keys for different uses in different programs.

Now a wacom Cintique touch screen thingy would be awesome, doing all the editing actually on the screen, but can't afford £1700

Markulous

Bamboo tablet for PP and a Trackball for general "mousing"   :tup:
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Skhilled

I have a Wacom Graphire 4 that I've had for a few years now. I don't use it much cause I got it for the kids but it is pretty fun to use once you get used to it.
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

stevebedder

I have a Wacom tablet and use it all the time, I find it so much easier for editing photos than using a mouse.

Wacom have just released a cool new "toy" called an Inkling which is pretty good. Not really any use for editing photos but if you do any type of pen & paper drawing or sketching it's a great way of getting the line art from a pad into a digital format:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXbBA1DRE84

Steve

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.